Should we break up?

We have an 8 month relationship. I am one year younger than him. The problem is he is going to take an very important exam next year. And I don't wanna be a distraction for him. And the other year I am going to take this exam. We both should study and I kinda feel guilty for him and myself. Also I love him. :( What should I do? Please help. Thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• You guys have to have will power and he (and you when the time comes) has to focus on studying for that exam... but... you don't have to break up to do it? That may even make things worse because you'll be thinking about each other more because you don't really want it. Life happens, there will be distractions all the time in everything no matter what you do. It's the will power and how much one can focus on a task that determines how well they do. In other words, there's other distractions as well besides your relationship that could also get in the way if you let them.

Most Helpful Girl

• no. why would you feel you will be a distraction bc of a exam? no hun. As long as you know to let him study when he needs too and vice versa then it shouldn't be a problem. Thats part of a relationship. Your a team and a team helps each other by either helping him study and vice versa or letting him study when he needs to study to pass the exam.

Its all about communication, understanding and endurance esp if you love each other. Do not break up. That is very small and can be worked around with y'all still being together. You dont want to let any opportunity open up for someone else to come in. So hold on to him. y'all can do this :)

What Guys Said 5

• yah sure leave him so you break his self esteem and keep his mind busy so he fails the exam !!! omg !! what is so hard in trying to support him and push him to do his best? believe me he won't forget this effort from you ever ! so do it it's for your benifit

• Well, if you can't give him the space you think he will need for his exam then he definitely deserves someone better.

You can encourage him to study for the exams. It's the best you can do.
    But do not take blame on yourself if he does not pass the exam because he didn't study.

• I have a feeling that you are using this to cover up something else.

In case i am wrong, I don't see why you should break up. IF it's not you distracting him it's gonna be somebody else distracting him so I don't see the difference.

• your doubts show that your interest level in him have dropped. Have you stopped to wonder if you feel the same towards him as you did in the beginning of the relationship?

My gut feeling is that this exam is just an excuse. Just have a convo with him and tell him how you feel. Also don't break up through text message or phone, no one deserves that.

• There is no need to break up. You can still go out in the weekends.

What Girls Said 1

• What does the exam have to do with dating?