Girls, are poems sweet when a guy makes one for you?

• Yes.
    79% (26)
  • No.
    21% (7)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Please, for the love of all things creative, make the poem up yourself. Even if its bad, I think the girl you are trying to impress will love you until Kingdom come. Especially if she's a literature junkie like myself. I've had guys try to impress me with a poem off the internet and i just found it deceitful. So if you wrote it yourself and your girl is not going to find it on the interwebs, then yesh. (:

What Girls Said 19

• "Sweet" is subjective. It depends on the subject of the poem.

If he makes a poem about how wretched and conceited I am and how he hates me very much, then that's just cruel so I won't find it sweet.

If he makes a poem about how irresistible I am to him and how he loves me very much, then I would be flattered so I would find it adorable and, yes, sweet.

• yes so sweet.

• That is a reason to drop them. And my response to the home would read on this website, "are guys who give you bull shit always bull shit artists and they are just practicing on you or are they really just people who have their act together and bull sitting since they think they know it all.."

• I would love it if a guy out the time and effort into writing a poem for me no matter how bad it is I would love it. It shows he cares enough to possibly embarrass himself.

• I think it is quite flattering actually. I love it.

• Never gotten one, was normally the one who gave them but i think itd be really sweet

• They're terrible usually, so I just feel bad for them. Also - why can't you see it's that bad? I know you might be subjective in it, but if you don't know what good art is... maybe you shouldn't attempt it.

Also - I'm not that romantic.

• I would find it sweet and romantic even if it was a bad poem.
    it would make me feel special and loved

• if I love him, I think the light shines out of his ass and anything he would write for I'd find super sweet... Rarely happens though, so unless the poem is really good it would make me feel a bit awkward. having said that I myself have written love poems, but I never sent them to the person, it was more of a way to express my feelings, since I couldn't do it to their face..

• Mostly they are corny. In my experience at least.

• Most of the time, if its meant to be. My ex made me a poem proposing to me, I laughed and threw it away (we were broken up)

• Maybe for some, but I personally abhor poetry so I would loathe receiving it.

• as a joke ya unless he's good

• ill throw up on them

• It also depends on what the poem is about and if it is sweet or just downright stupid

• for me it is not impressing

• If I like the guy then yes. Anything he does is sweet.

• Of course they are :)

• Yes they are, he wrote a few for me so deep, personal, and hot, i love it when one is written for me.