I got fired again?

i keep getting fired from shitty jobs, this is the third time in the past year. I worked as a house maid for three days and after two days they felt i didn't 'get it' and let me go... they expectes for me to do a room in 20 min and do EVERYTHING right, i did it in 20 min but then it wasn't right, i did it in more over then 20 min and then it wasn't fast but right... wtf... am i in the wrong? or is my attitude bad?

Most Helpful Guy

• If the competition for jobs is bad in your area, then employers get to be unreasonably picky. It sounds like that is the issue. I use to work for a company that was just grateful if they could find someone that would actually show up for work everyday, even if they were lazy.

What Guys Said 8

• what is your attitude when you are on the job? can others finish the job in 20 minutes correctly... with similar training? It isn't fair to not give you training and time to get it. It must be your attitude on the job? thats a guess.

sorry to hear this...

• If you can't do it, they will find someone else who can. Thats the reality of min wage jobs. People are expendable.

• I can't help you except telling you that education is important. But I can give 2 good songs for this situation :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eozV_WmoITM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOVl-VfEfms

Eminem is a genius anybody who denies it, has no clue :P

• don't sweat it, just keep looking till you find something that fits you better, it's no big deal.

• its ok, it happens, shit happens. just dont give up

• That's the thing with jobs. They all expect you to do something a certain way, a certain amount of speed, and they'll keep hiring and firing people until they find one who has it.

• Maybe you should just marry a wealthy man...

• No, they are in the wrong here

• my major in college is computer science in media, but i also have subjects like labor psychology and there are tables which show how long things take, based on statistics, and so they can't say you should work quicker than statistics say you can.

What Girls Said 5

• Awe, I'm sorry this keeps happening to you! What other types of jobs did you have before that you were fired from? If it's the same type of job, it could just be that you aren't meant to do that type of work.

The best thing you can do is try to figure out what your strengths are, and then find jobs that suit those strengths. I've been fired before too, but it was more of a lay off. But it still stung.

The thing that I learned from losing my job was not that I am unemployable (though I sure did feel that way). But that I just didn't have the right fit.

I was lucky that my community had a job skills centre. I went there and got some great advice and support. They gave me some strategies for looking for work, but I also met some people who were from all walks of life, It made me feel better to know I wasn't in this alone.

Search around for free resources. There are very few people who are unemployable. Everyone has something to offer.

If you think your attitude might be an issue, then I would try to figure out what you can change. I can see why you would be frustrated. Some people take a while to get the hang of things. Not everyone gets things instantly.

Your best bet is trying to be positive and try your best.

• Obviously you are doing something wrong. I would guess it is a bad attitude since I am sure you have been doing different things for work, it is not like you are just bad at doing a certain job, it is all of them. You obviously didn't do EVERYTHING right if they made you do it over, are you closed off to taking their guidance and ignore what they want you to do? Do you go to work on time and make a serious effort at your job? Or do you come across like you don't want to be there and don't care? Jobs suck but you have to to do them and do them well if you want to get paid, it is part of life, most people don't like work but you have to do it and take pride in it. Look at yourself from an outside point of view and figure out what you are doing or how you are coming across.

• Well, what were your other jobs and why did they say they fired you? How long were you there? And how was your attitude?

• can't you get a better job?

• no if you are new to the job they need to give you more time to get the hang of it