Is it cheating to be on Tinder, when you're in a relationship?

Yes, it's the curiosity factor. Seeing what else is out there, but not actually dating them. Is this evil?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not in itself, but it can be suspicious. Why be on a dating site or app when you're in a relationship? Maybe it's for an ego boost and validation from other people, or maybe you're using it to keep your options open or hook up behind your partner's back. Doesn't sound good, especially if you're hiding it.

Maybe if you trust each other enough, and you both know it's just for fun and not hooking up (or you're in an open relationship and that's okay), it's not a big deal, though. Each couple has to decide for themselves where the line is and what they're comfortable with.

What Girls Said 11

• No, but I don't think anyone would be okay with it. I would not want my SO to be on it. But I am single and do not take Tinder seriously, I have it and I go through it but I don't think I would ever actually meet someone on it, it is just fun to be completely superficial and go through pics. But, even with that being said, I would delete the app and hope my SO doesn't use it, I wouldn't trust it.

• Well, when I was in one, I deleted the app off my phone. I think people that have it still on theirs... well, I think there's something a little off with that. If you're in a relationship, there should be no reason to have it on your phone. It's not cheating, but it can definitely lead to that.

• Strictly speaking, it's not 'Cheating', but really, don't be surprised if you get dumped over it! Just make sure your partner is ok with it, and don't point out the hot people on Tinder or you'll make them even more insecure.

• Yes it is.

• Yeah I would consider it to be and would be dumping his ass.

• it's shady. it becomes cheating when you connect with someone on tinder. but seeking what's out there like that... that's shady.

• yes it is cheating

• Being on any dating site while you are in a relationship is considered as cheating!!!

• If you aren't exclusive, it's fair game. If you are, then yes, it's shady behaviour.

• Yes, it's cheating to me.

• Yes it is if your partner isn't ok with it.

What Guys Said 8

• Unless you're using it, no.

I'm currently talking and seeing a girl I met on there yet I have not deleted the thing. But neither have I used it. Took it off from my main screen and now it's somewhere on my phone. I have no intentions of using it now but in hindsight it would be easier to let it remain there. I mean heck, if I were to officially get together with her or anyone, keeping it around to then play games and compare who could get more matches would actually be fun lol

• why would you look at the menu, after you already ordered your food?

• Yes it is. Don't have to necessarily delete the app, but using it yeah

• Yes it is cheating http://i.qkme.me/36e1mu.jpg

• It's only cheating if you get caught! - Al Bundy. lol.

But yeah, depends on your girl and if she's ok with you LOOKING at it.
    Most girls would not be ok if you hooked up.

• You honestly dont know the answer to this?

• Cheating no. Unnecessary and a little disrespectful yes.

• ye foc