Should I let him off the hook?

I have been dating this guy for about 3 months. When it started off, he was going to go into the Airforce, but his basic has been delayed twice. We used to see each other at least once a week, but now we haven't seen each other in going on a month. We still text every once in awhile, but he is always either working now, sleeping, or doing something with his family. He had to take a local job because of the delay. He works from 4am to 12pm, but he never told me where he works or when he might be leaving for basic. I think he changed after the delay in the Airforce. He has his own place, but we don't really see each other much for one reason or another. I have a feeling he thinks I'm trying to trap him, but I'm not. I'm already about 4 years older than him (I'm turning 24 and he is 20) so he might think I am ready for something serious but I'm just enjoying the time we do spend together. I'm kind of getting the vibe that he may want out of dating me. I have a habit of thinking this because every other relationship I've been in I've seen similar behavior. Once it starts to feel like the guy might not be interested anymore I break things off by letting them off the hook. Does it seem like this maybe the case or could I be over thinking it? Could he just really be that busy or is he making time for everyone but me? Would a guy be dating a girl even if he realizes he wants out but doesn't know how to tell her?

What Guys Said 1

• It sounds like your gut has been accurate in the past so I think you should follow your instincts on this too

• You make a good point. A lot of times if something feels a certain way that's probably what's going on.

What Girls Said 2

• I think staying will do more harm than good.

• Why don't you just discuss it with him before deciding to break it off?

• Well, it's not an official relationship yet so I kind of felt like talking about it would make it a bigger deal than it has to be. But you do make a good point. Maybe I should see where he's coming from first. Thank you.

• You''re welcome! Good luck.