How can someone stop loving someone so fast?

We were together about 10 months.

Over the summer we spent to much time together so when he left for uni (a few hours away) we were both really really sad. At first he would message me all the time, ring, FaceTime, he told me he loved me and he would always come back to visit.

Now 4 months on, we don't talk.
When I try and strike up a conversation it lasts a short amount of time before he stops replying.

I saw him last weekend when he was home very briefly. He told me it just got too serious, he still kissed me goodbye, and then went back to not talking…

I'm just confused as to what is happening in his head? How we can so suddenly go from talking every day to not at all? How he can be so cute in person to me but fine with disappearing when he is gone? How can someone change their mind so fast… stop loving so fast...

He was my best friend.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes as people grow as a person they change , so their feelings change. They start to want different things in their life. Most people are only loyal to their own needs and wants, when their needs and wants change so do their priorities. You ceased being his priority.

• I wish I still was

• I'm very sorry. It's painful being in love with someone who used to love you There's no quick remedy. Pain heals when you are ready to let go

What Guys Said 2

• Listen people don't fall in love like in movies for real! He is in uni and realizes that he was infatuated with you! Don't tread this path. It will lead to disappointment!

• It was probably a much slower process than you might think. People are known to put on facades.

What Girls Said 5

• I doubt he stopped caring so fast. It was a slow process more likely. Distance is hard and it was probably nagging away at him.

• He found a side bitch at uni, and caught dem feelz for her.

• Guys seem to stop loving girl really fast...

• I dont think he stopped loving

• Then why did he disappear?

• he probably hated himself more than he could love anyone else. My guess is he's either hurting or working on himself before he hurts u.

• His life has changed. A new chapter has started

• Why couldn't I be a part of it?

• You need to give him space right now. Then he will remember you fondly and want to speak to you. I know it's hard but it's what you need to do. He'll be in touch and if you do this he will probably try to make you part of that new chapter x