If nobody in your life ever told you that you look good, does that mean you look ugly?

nobody ever in my life told me i am good looking. but nobody ever in my life told me that i look ugly either. i am not fishing for compliments of validation i dont even have a profile pic.

i mean when i had a girlfriend she said i looked good, but i dont know if that was genuine, in the gym many guys said my body looked good but thats it, nothing about my face. i dont get much attention either not like other good looking people, this makes me think i look ugly?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know, hard to tell without a picture. But from experience I'd say that guys don't get nearly as many compliments as girls unless they're really hot. Girls always compliment each other and we get compliments from guys but not the other way around. To be honest, I can't remember the last time I complimented a guy... So there are two possible explanations: you're ugly/average or people don't give you compliments because you're a guy and they assume you already know you're good looking. But like I said, it's hard to tell without a picture

• guys give plenty of compliments and i know this because i receive a lot of them and i give a lot of them. but we only do so in male only presence. never when there are girls. we compliment each other in the gym a lot. but never about appearance. its true about women its like they dont want to give compliments at all, or comment you on your looks.

• I've had compliments on my hairstyle and my beard and also my progress yes. it also feels weird for us to give girls compliments because sometimes they act so awkward about it, sometimes its better not to say anything.

its kind of frustrating to see women compliment each other often but never you. but not that there's anything you can do about it.

• Well, if that's the case then I'm sure you look fine :)

Yeah, I can imagine how awkward it must be for guys to compliment girls. Just as awkward as it is to be on the receiving side. I doubt I'm the only girl who doesn't know how to react in those situations so that's probably why it gets so awkward. Besides, as a girl you can never be sure if the compliment is genuine or if he's just saying it to hook up with you. But it's the same when my girlfriends compliment me to be honest. I never know if they mean it or if they're just being nice...

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know maybe I mean this happens to me too , but I don't really care , I see myself as good looking but I didn't hear any compliments lol I think this is for the better if I am good looking and people say nothing it decreases my chances of having a big ego
    If I am not really that good looking then I will focus more on my body and personality so it's good don't worry or at least that's how I think

What Girls Said 8

• You're probably in between, like average.

• No of course not that, dose not mean that at all. At least no one ever told you your ugly so therefor that is not true, because you have nothing to base it off of and you can only base it off of people telling you look good and that I a good thing for you then :)

• I'm guessing you're a teenaged boy? Look don't worry, kid. Nobody tells boys they're goodlooking until they get a lot older and the people they're dating become a lot more mature.

What's happening is that the people you're interested in are telling EACH OTHER you're cute. And making sure that above all else, you NEVER find out they said it.

You're right on track. Don't worry at all.

• im 21.

• The difference between 18 and 21 is minimal. Don't worry. It'll get much better.

• i feel like you are giving me false hope now. i think its gonna go downhill from here.

• You're cute. Your your eyes are sparklingly 😁😍!! 😁😁😁!!

• You can't see his eyes

• @ConsultantIsBack what are you talking about? they are right there in the picture.

• 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂!!! haha!!😁!!

• Hell no. You tell yourself you're good looking. Your opinion is the most important. And don't compare yourself to others, if you do that you'll never be happy with how you look.

• It may be the sign that you are average looking. That's good.

• no its not, women are not after average.

• It means u look too damn good

• probably tbh, but if you find yourself attractive it doesn't matter.

What Guys Said 8

• Probably. I have never been told that either, discounting jokes.

• I think unless you are very good looking guy, you will not get compliments for your look. The kind of compliments guys get are 'your jacket is Nice', 'you are stylish','you look Strong' etc.

• Also what do you mean by getting attention?

• But how can you judge how much attention a good looking guy will get? There's not any standard. So you shouldn't compare.

• i have not compared anything, i have just observed that many good looking girls get a lot of attention, so due to my lack of attention and compliments about my looks i came to the conclusion that i did not know wheter or not i am a good looking guy or not. so i asked it here.

• Most likely but we can't get you an answer without a pic.

• when i have access to a camera i will post a picture.

• forsure I'll give you an honest answer boyo. Give you some pointers on what you can change.

• thanks man, i appreciate it.

• Well probably. Do the math.

• post pic OP if you want to know. or pm me.

• i dont have access to a camera right now. i dont know if people would take me serious if i would do a 'how do i look' question.

• same with me except I'm 25. I've never had a girl even say I'm cute or anything IRL. Totally destroyed my self confidence to the point that I can't go outside because of my looks, I'm irreparably damaged

• It's all in your head dude.. I have seen all your depressing ass post on here. You don't look deformed in your profile pic. You have body dysmorphia.

• No. m

• Worse is when they tell you that you have the perfect face for radio.