I am attracted to him but he is not attractive. Should I give him a chance?

There's a guy I know that is so nice to me unlike any other guys I've met but he's not attractive. I like him and his personality is so sweet and I love his shyness, but when one of my friends heard a joke about us she reacted like "eww" and now I'm a little confused... because I really like him and I think his looks are okay but I would'n want to feel awkward every time I would hang out with my friends.
Should I give him a chance?

Most Helpful Guy

• Screw what others think, you are attracted to him, thats all that counts, leave those superficial, shallow (probably single) friends of yours and their opinions alone.

Most Helpful Girl

• Take it from my experience. The first time i met my boyfriend, i thought he was ugly, but he had a thing. And my friends thought he was ugly too. I gave him a chance, and we've been together now for more than an year, im crazy about him, he's everything i want, and im very attracted to him, and i think he's really beautiful. And in the beginning i did care a little the fact that he wasn't really handsome, and I've dated hot guys, much hotter.. not trying to brag it's just a fact. But later i didn't give a shit, he is so amazing to me that i wanna show the whole world how amazing he is, how lucky i am to be his girl <3
    Don't judge him before you get to know him, he might be one hell of a guy

• thanks for mho!

• you don't have to thank me you deserve it :) your answer really gave me courage

What Guys Said 8

• Do you wanna date guys based on who you find attractive or who your friends find attractive? I've noticed a lot of girls being influenced by their girls when it comes to dating guys.

• If you're attracted to him then yes, give him a chance. Who cares what your friends think? It shouldn't matter.

• This is sad. How some people won't give a person a chance just because their friends dont think their hot.
    I can relate to a sitiation that my buddy is facing right now..

• It is sad, indeed, but it is just because I'm trying to avoid awkward situations. Thank you for answering my question, hope your friend will make the right choice. :)

• Glad to hear that! ^^

• Yeah.. Well, i hope you choose well

• Give him a chance cause you're attracted to him.

• 0|0
    • Actually, I'm not into muscular men at all, but thanks for your answer!

• then i can be attracted to you:)

• Don't lower your standards for some ugly whiny guy, find a guy that's on your level that you are physically/sexually attracted to, then you'll be Gucci.

• Why care about other people thinks! If you like him go for. it

What Girls Said 6

• I think you should. If you like him and he makes you happy then why would you care about what your friends think? They won't be the ones dating him and the important thing is that YOU find him attractive. Be it because of his looks or his personality, it doesn't matter.

I was in a very similar situation once and I regret I didn't do anything about it. There was this one guy who really wasn't my type but for some reason I felt attracted to him from the first time I saw him. I don't know what it was but I certainly felt it, and I'm pretty sure he felt it too. He was always so nice and friendly and just being with him made me happy. I'm not kidding, I felt like a schoolgirl experiencing her first crush. Too bad he had a girlfriend at the time because no other guy had ever made me feel this way. Chemistry is a funny thing for sure... Sometimes you have it and sometimes you don't. So if I were you I'd go for it :)

• Thank you! It's nice to know other people think this way. Wish you the best :)

• You're welcome! Yeah, I believe in chemistry and it sounds like you have it with this guy :) good luck!

• As long as YOU are attracted to him in a romantic way then it's all that matters. Your friends aren't dating him - you are. You deserve a shot at happiness.

• Yeah beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don't dismiss this guy just because your friends might not think he is attractive. Who cares what they think! This is your life and your happiness, date whomever YOU like. Initially they might think it's weird but once they see how happy you two are (if it works out) then they will learn to accept it, if they really are true friends. But don't be embarrassed! the guy doesn't deserve that. He deserves someone who thinks he is the greatest. I mean imagine if someone were dating you and were too embarrassed to have you around. That would be hurtful.

• I know he deserves better. I'm just afraid a little, but your answers really encouraged me, thank you! :)

• No problem, you deserve good things too. Just wanted you to see it from the other side as well, but good luck! I hope everything works out :)

• Why not? Are yourfriends really that controlling/impactful of you life

• You sound extremely shallow and not ready for a legitimate relationship if you're that concerned about what people think of your spouse.

• He's not my spouse, he's a guy I'd like to date. And I'm not shallow, I'm just afraid

• You're afraid of what people are going to think of him... that's shallow. if you really liked him that would be the last thing you'd be worried about.

• you might be right

• Of course you should give him a chance! Being attractive is not everything!
    Maybe you should change friends instead 8)