When he can't decide between you and his ex?

I recently started talking to one of my really good friends. He had just gotten out of a really bad relationship, and things were going great between us at first. Then his ex came back into the picture begging for him back.. I understand that he would still have feelings for her, but now that I've started to develop feelings for him too, its really hard for me. I've tried my best to be really understanding, but he doesn't know if he wants to end things with her completely or try and fix their relationship. What should I do?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• If he can’t decide between you and his ex, then you need to decide for yourself to walk away from him. Don’t just continue to lay your dignity and self-worth at his feet for him to reject or kick away as he pleases. Stop putting yourself in a position that quite frankly sucks like a hooker on a Friday night. -_-

Helpful Woman to Woman Tip: NEVER get involved with a man who has just gotten out of a relationship because you will be a rebound BY DEFAULT. His brain, heart, soul, and penis still has a natural magnetism and/or desire for her because he spent so long bonding and connecting with her. So naturally, you will become some fun to ease the pain. Even if you are lovely and outstanding, everything you do will be compared to her. Don’t be about that rebound life. :/

Bow out gracefully and walk away from this situation because the only thing worse than losing someone is sitting right next to them knowing you can’t have them.

• And what’s even worse than sitting right next to them knowing you can’t have them is being given the illusion you have them but knowing deep down that another woman still has a firm grip on their heart.

• Don't go there. He's still into his ex. At least wait till he's over her so you don't become a rebound.

• Personally, I get very protective over my heart, so I would probably step back from him romantically. A guy who really cares for you should never put you in this kind of position to get hurt. He WOULDN'T.