Help!!! When you call your long term boyfriends sister "sister" and she says "maybe", does that mean anything?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just doesn't seem like she is sure of you staying around at the moment

What Guys Said 2

• No. That doesn't mean anything.

• She doesn't like youuuuuuu

What Girls Said 5

• I'd say if you consider yourself to have a really good relationship with her personally, like you guys hang out (even without your bf), or his family in general really gets along and likes you, then perhaps I wouldn't worry to much about it. Maybe she was being sarcastic or something, but if you don't really hang out with her, and only see her occasionally, or she's previously expressed some sort of animosity towards you, yeah, perhaps you should worry a little. In whichever case, you are dating her boyfriend and not her, and though it would be wonderful if she just agreed or called you sister back, it may never happen. Just don't focus on it or start grilling your boyfriend about it until the time comes where things do move up to to the level where she would be your family.

• *you are dating your boyfriend, I meant, lol

• We don't hang out but I hinged out with his mom without him but he's really close with his sister

• Well, if it really bothers you, might I suggest you make more of an effort to 'become' more like a sister to her. Don't go overboard with it, but just little things like remembering her birthday, or maybe offering to get your nails painted together one day, or maybe bring her over her favorite food, 'just cuz.' Try some little things here and there to get into her good graces, but again, if she's just not really reciprocating or appreciating or responding to your efforts, focus on your guy and just be happy with that.

• Not at all. Don't obsess over what it literally one word. You're dating her brother, therefore there is a slight possibility that becomes marriage, and yet it is also an off-the-cuff comment that may not be a reflection of what her brother wants at all, but simply her outsider observation or even her own desires.

• It means, she isn't expecting anything from the relationship. She's not saying that it will fail, but she's also not saying that it won't. To me, it sounds like she's not a big fan of you. Don't obsess over it though. You're boyfriend is with you and loves you and that's all that matters.

• ya that isn't a good sign... Like my boyfriend's mom tells people I am her daughter in-law and I refer to her grandmother as Nana and we are all pretty close...

• Well his mom treats me like a daughter

• well she likes you but the sister doesn't seem to

• She does not see you that way