Should I date this guy or hold out?

I want to say that in this case the issue is ENTIRELY me.
So there's this guy at my work, and well, he's into me. It's obvious, and everyone else see's it too. And he's REALLY nice, and funny and everything, and I just know that he'd be a safe option for a relationship.

But the thing is, is that well, he's very... very... not attractive. And I want to like him, I really do, but every time I think about doing anything with him it just ends up grossing me out because of his looks. I feel really bad about it, but I just find it really hard to consider dating someone that physically I don't find attractive.

Should I give him a chance anyway? I just don't want to end up screwing around and messing with his head.

• give him a shot
  • don't date him

What Guys Said 1

• I think you should let him down gently if you don't find him attractive then how can you have some sort of a relationship with him? it's got to work both ways that's why if you dated him you would just be wasting his time

• Well how do I let him down?

• Yeah hasn't asked me out yet, but he's been lightly hinting at going on a date. How would I bring that up? Sorry for all the questions, I just really don't want to hurt his feelings.

• Just be honest talk to him the best time to bring it up his when he asks you then you can let him down easily it's not like you gonna be horrible to him about it when the time I believe you will know what to say you just got to be honest with him or tell him your not looking to date anyone at the moment

What Girls Said 1

• Normally I would say go for it and see where things take you but you two are co-workers so it might be smarter to not date at all just cause things can get awkward if things don't go well

• That's true, it's just kinda hard not to think about dating anyone, see I work in retail and there are a lot of cute guys... to say the least. But that is an extremely valid point.

• Yeah retail is full of young people haha
      Very easy to get caught up and want to date a co-worker
      Good luck!