I need some advice on getting rid of the thought of constantly wanting a girlfriend for I can focus on other areas of my life any help?

Hello everyone i am 20 years old almost 21 and have never been in any form of a relationship with a girl also i'm still a virgin which shocks people that i know. anyway my childhood was messed up + i have been struggling with depression for a long time but now i can say that i turned my life around and my life is great. One problem i still have is at times the negative thought of being forever alone creeps up on me and i know that its not true because hopefully i will live a long time and with so many people on this planet the chances of me being forever alone are slim. If i'm honest i don't 100% want a girlfriend right now because i want to put the majority of my time and energy on improving my self and my financial freedom. For example i have been going out more with friends, i go hiking, i have been going to the gym, i have been reading more. Basically i have a life now compared to back in high school. Also i have been learning about investing and business. i have played around in the stock market a little and with help i'm about to buy a 4 unit apartment complex. I also registered for classes on becoming a tax preparer and as soon as i become 21 in a month im going to register for classes on becoming a real estate agent to help me with future real estate investments. My plate is full and i can not have the negative thought forever alone creep into my mind because of the depression history. How can i completely get rid of this negative thought.

What Girls Said 1

• Dude, you're still 21. You have your whole life ahead of you. Work on what you've got. You're going to be fine.

What Guys Said 2

• Other than chemical castration? It's hormones buddy. "Love", lust, physical attraction, crush, desire, it's all but a big fucking lie. All physical looks or "beauty" will not last forever and will eventually fade. Welcome to the club of those that are very unhappy about this whole thing. But the truth is also, if you have somebody, then you also potentially have somebody to lose. No relationship or even marriage are guaranteed to last forever. And the other harsher truth is, technically everyone really does die "alone" the only exceptions are for those that died in great disasters like earthquakes, plane crashes, and in wars since large amounts of people may all die "at the same time".

If you are becoming financially independent then that's already very good. You will at least have a better chance at retiring comfortably than those that aren't very knowledgeable about buying and selling stock and buying and selling houses.

Just focus on what you actually have control of and don't really dwell on the unhappiness of how it feels like it really sucks to still be a virgin and never been in any relationships. Happiness comes from within, if you believe you are happy, and think you are happy then you will feel happy. No one can make you happy or "complete" you, you have to decide what you really want to do and what makes you "happy".

• When you get yourself a life plan you can't worry too much about having a girlfriend because bitches will see that you know where you're going in life and will want to be part of it