Do guys ever jokingly insult girls they like?

Ok this one guy is constantly telling me how beautiful I am and how he wants to hang out etc etc but then there are times where he is kinda mean... like he is joking but sometimes it is just insulting and he seems like an ass.

Why do some guys do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd tease my female freinds but I don't insult them on purpose. What kind of insults is he telling you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Normally, yes.

Guys don't want to express their feelings so openly, and neither do girls.

Many guys use ''mean in a joking way'' as their means of showing interest in a girl. Because it leaves the girl wanting to find out if he likes her, and it also gets the girl to talk to him in a similar way. And that can make it feel less awkward for both sides.

If a guy is jokingly mean to a girl, it can mean that he treats everybody that way. It can also mean that he's just a jerk and not worth your time anyway.

Every guy is different. There's no telling for certain what it means unless you ask.

Wishing you the best of luck.

What Guys Said 4

• Hmm, I called my classmate a "dirty whore". Not because I like her, but because she is a dirty whore. If someone likes you... they won't insult you.

• Guys and girls both do this, it's more so if you talked with them enough and guaged their personality. YOu should be able to know what's acceptable and what isn't.

• i wouldn't say insults, but some guys like to use this cocky+funny combo with women they are interested, specially with very hot girls (lower their egos a bit)... it's part of the seduction game.

• He probably likes you and wants to look like a badass

What Girls Said 0