How to keep up the texting convo?

So I met this guy last week, we had an amazing connection, talked for hours etc.. He asked my number and has been texting me a lot the past few days. He asked me out on a date but since I am studying really hard for my finals and he leaves for a long holiday when I finish those finals, we won't be able to see each other for at least a month. We go to college in different cities (not very far, but still) I've never been great at texting, however with this guy I find myself really excited to talk to him a lot. But because I am so busy and want to keep the conversation light, I just don't know what to text about. He has initiated every conversation so far and I would like to do the same. But when he asks how i am and what I did today, well.. nothing much, just working really hard :P.
Any tips how I can continue texting with him and keep him interested until we meet again?

Most Helpful Guy

• what you are going to do is burn out your honeymoon phase. sometimes, you just gotta give em space. if you feel you have nothing to text to him... here's a hint hon... DONT text him. its nice to have someone to contact talking to you at all times but trust me, eventually, it will burn out when you have talked about everything... its starting to happen now isn't it?
    just pace yourself.

• Thanks :)! He still keeps on texting me almost every day "How's life :)?" "What are you up to?", but the frequency of our conversation's is going down in a good way now. Can't wait to see him !

• well, im glad to hear that. Hate those questions by the way.

What Guys Said 1

• Ask questions to start getting to know him. Don't interrogate him, but start with a small question and keep moving it in that direction.

What Girls Said 1

• Suggest a topic he might be interested in. Everything is out in the open nowadays. Look at his interests on fb.