How can I get a girlfriend when my options are so limited?

I have only a hand full of friends, a small social circle, so the chance of me getting introduced to someone is quite small. I dont have any female friends either.
I've been told I should try meeting girls through my hobbies, the problem is there are few girls who share the same hobbies as me.
I absolutely hate parties, clubs and loud music so I won't be meeting any girls in that kind of environment.
I've also been told that school is a decent place to meet girls but that isn't much of an option as I study engineering, and pretty much 99% of my project groups end up being entire male.

So the only two options I have at my disposal are online dating and cold approaches. I am very sceptical to online dating as I have a hard time believing there's quality to be found. I dont why see a very desirable person would resort to online dating.
That leaves me with cold approaches, I've read some comments here that lead me to believe girls despise being approached by strangers.

So any advice, I am limited at this point?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should try online dating. A lot of women are in the same boat as you: little to no opportunities to meet someone in person. I know, sometimes dating online can be a sesspool of people looking for one night stands or what have you. But there's always the chance that something good can come from it, otherwise it wouldn't be growing in popularity how it has over the years. Someone out there has to be making a connection, right? I say go for it, and if it sucks, then it's back to the drawing board.

• Its not that, I could very well be wrong, but i imagine most woman on dating sites are 30+ single mothers. Whereas whenever I am in the city center or at the mall I see plenty of gorgeous woman around my age (I'm 20) and I cannot imagine I would meet any of these girls on the internet. I would love to go up to one and take my chances but I get the feeling girls dont like being approached by strangers.
      And I dont want to risk getting publically humiliated and called a creep

• I think you may have the wrong idea lol. I mean, if you go on sites like plenty of fish, eharmony, tinder, etc, you can customize your preferences. It's rare that you're going to meet any moms in their early 20s on the sites.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can go to chill out bars, they don't have loud music, so it's a great place to meet women, and well, new people in general. You can expand your social circle there.
    Look online for new events happening in your town, and go to them, even if you're not very convinced it can be fun, go, at least you'll get the experience, and maybe you'll even like it.

There's many places where you can meet women.

What Girls Said 2

• - Try a new hobby which do has girls like dancing or hoseback riding (as a girl who rides horses for 13 years, I really recommend this one)
    - Go to events like festivals (festivals don't have to be with loud music etc. You can just chill on the grass and talk to people) or some kind of special nights of things you interest in (comic cons or something)
    - try online dating, although the stereotype is that it's for the desperate, but you never know. You can also try tinder. You'll be surprised how many girls are also interested in just coffee on tinder.
    - if you are a bit charismatic, cold approaches aren't that bad. Just pick the right person and the right spot. At the beach or swimming pool? Good idea! In the bus when she's wearing headphones? Nooohh. Google what are good places. Here you have a beginning
    www.askmen.com/.../49_dating_list.html

• I'd say somewhat, but not very much.

Libraries, coffee shops to study.

Beaches, Hiking trails, biking trails [especially around lakes].

There are small bars out there. I personally love going to one near my house for a chill game of pool. Rare, but I do go.

What Guys Said 6

• Hi! Just to throw my 2 cents...

I've already established two solid relationships through the internet. One lasted 16 years, and the second is about to complete 1 year and very promising!

I also had casual relationships through the internet, and I can say this saved me a lot of time and effort compared to cold approaches.

• You meet girls everywhere... learn to step your game up. I've walked into a store and walked out with the cashiers number. Cold approaches are fun and exciting...
    sadly, i rarely call them, i just wanna prove i can do it :)

• Exactly.

This is why you're fucked if you don't find your mate in high school or college, or AT LEAST start dating there.

• Increase your social circle. Also, did it ever occur to you that you might share hobbies A through Y with a girl but she also has a hobbie Z that you do not share but you could meet her if you join a hobbie Z group? But if you hate any kind of parties life is going to be difficult for you...

• hit the gym bro girls wet their panties when they see an alpha male with gainss they dont even realise that LOL you can have pussy very easily trustt me

• There are lots of quality women online.

Your challenge is that there's a lot of activity, and it's not that different from being at a bar in terms of how much you have to compete with other, aggressive guys.

But... go for it.