My boyfriend says that if if he loses me, he's going go kill himself?

I love my boyfriend very much. I would do anything for him. Before we were together, he was with another girl. This girl broke his heart completely and he got pretty depressed. He says that after losing her, he can't lose me. He says that if he lost me, he'd probably just kill himself.

I'm not really how to feel about this.

Most Helpful Guy

• He needs help and not pity. You can't let him manipulate you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Unless you think he actually has suicidal tendencies outside of that one thing he said, he probably won't. He means that as a way to try and express how much you mean to him (also in a not healthy way.. but that's another issue). But assuming otherwise he's a pretty normal dude, he doesn't mean it and he'll get over it. Don't let this give you any pressure on what you should do or be for him. You can reassure him that you guys are going to try and be together as best you can.

What Guys Said 4

• He isn't mentally stable. He needs help I would tell his parents or someone who can reach out to him.

• His life is not your responsibility. What he did is emotional manipulation. You can leave him whenever you want. Though, if you want, you could start acting like a bitch until he is the one who breaks up with you. I wouldn't go there.

• How much heartbreak can a person take? I don't think that's something you need to worry about. Does he suffer from depression?

• That's technically emotional abuse

What Girls Said 2

• That's a red flag for me, because its always possible to break up and I wouldn't want their life on my shoulders if I was unhappy in a certain time, like hell no thats too dramatic for me.

• That's concerning.
    You will probably feel very obligated to keep the relationship going, even if you stopped liking him. This is something you MUST avoid.
    If you don't like him, ignore his statements about suicide and break up. I know it sounds cold, but if he were to keep you trapped in that invisible cage just so he doesn't kill himself, it would be unhealthy.
    If you like him, that's perfectly great. But when you don't want to be in a relationship anymore, then you have to break up.