Is dinner and a movie too basic for a first "real" date?

I'm taking a girl out on a date later this week but I don't know where or what to do. We went to a museum last time I seen her but I didn't consider that a "date". There's a outside mall near us with nice restaurants and a movie theater, but is that too "basic" of a date? Ladies, what's your date like? Or guys, where have you taken ladies out that they enjoyed?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't mind, it's a pretty classic date but it's still fun either way.

Most Helpful Guy

• The date is more about spending time together and talking. The activity shouldn't even matter.

But then again, my avatar explains why I think that...

• I've always figured the people who actually stay together for a long time have their first dates at very traditional places (such as dinner and a movie).
      But people who date lots of people don't do the dinner and a movie thing.

@consultantisback blocked me and I was gonna say that to that fucker but whatever

What Girls Said 2

• I think it depends on how you approach it. If you are a gentleman who brings flowers and makes it seem more important than just hanging out over dinner and going to just some random movie, then yes! Go for it! It's a classic romantic date that can't be overplayed. Make reservations!

• Don't go to a movieeeee go get drinks or bowling or something. You can't get to know each other/talk at the movies

• We already know each other pretty well

• Not intimately though. a first date is about getting to know someone on a different level

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think it's basic. A lot of your dates or going out will basically consist of dinner and movie.

• Don't do movies on first date. Rookie mistake