Why did guy get turned off when I told him I haven't dated in two years?

Went on a date with a guy. When I told him I haven't dated in two years and this my first date in a while I felt like he got turned off and was shocked a bit. Could it be because he was hoping to have sex and he realized that I don't hook up?

Most Helpful Guy

• Or maybe he thought this was your first serious date and that all you've been doing for the past two years is hooking up.

Most Helpful Girl

• he might have assumed u have baggage, why didn't you date for 2 years?

What Guys Said 4

• Hi! Yes, maybe it was just about sex. Maybe it was past experiences too. I've seen both women and men whom turn very needy for being "away" from the scene for too long.

And just between us: who does really like a needy partner?

Maybe a lot of things, even prejudgment, and to be honest, this is the kind of information that does not interest anyone who's dating. So keep your conversation on interest things, mainly about the other person.

• Don't make assumptions. Was his shock really a negative reaction or just surprise that someone like you had not been getting boyfriends more often?

I mean if I was on a date with a pretty girl and she said that I would be a bit shocked and curious.

Important here is to just not make assumptions about it. If he still wants to date more and spend time with you more thats all that really matters.

• Hrs stupid. I would have considered you more srs actually

• Spot on. He was looking for a one-night stand or "casual relationship" not anything serious.

What Girls Said 1

• yes, that's what I was going to say. I think he just wanted to hook up.
    You did great by being honest with him anyways. And you lost nothing after all. If that is the reason he lost interest then he's not worth it.