I'm supposedly attractive, but only less attractive girls like me?

I'm an 18y/o guy an people tell me I'm attractive. A couple girls said I was was about a 7 and one said I was a nine. I thought i was attractive, but only girls I don't find attractive like me. I know looks aren't everything, but I have a good personality. Are people lying to me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do you care? You should focus on waiting and finding a woman that makes you happy.

IF you're really concerned about it, post a pic in the "How do I look" section asking for opinions/ratings.

JUST to be fair, they can be harsh. So be prepared.

Most Helpful Guy

• Whether they are lying or not, their opinions are only opinions. Where you think you scale shouldn't matter unless you buy into the whole "I rate here, therefore I can only obtain this" mentality. Be confident with yourself, don't pull your confidence from 2nd and 3rd party opinions, and go after what you want.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe your expectations are too high?

What Guys Said 4

• Less attractive girls tend to be more assertive in showing their attraction (like approaching you).

• Yes, people are lying

• Opposites attract

• I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding how people are comparing attractiveness in guys to girls. Could you explain this to me?

• If a guy is rated a 6/10 then most likely he will date a girl that is rated around 6/10.

• Okay, but that girl you rated a 6 another guy might rate a 8 or even a 4. The same is true with the guy, so unless you have a definitive point system, it's a flawed notion.