Why do guys ditch me on blind dates?

I am in a wheelchair and everytime I meet someone from online dating sites, they treat me badly. They usually end the date early or they just plain freak out. I am not sure why this is. I mean I tell them about my being paralyzed from the get go; so they know what they are getting into before asking me out. Should I just give up dating all together?

Most Helpful Guy

• You have too tell them the truth before you meet them so they will already know

• They knew I was in a wheelchair before they asked me out.

• Thank you for making me feel better :)

• Aww hugs

What Guys Said 4

• I think it's a blessing in disguise. Obviously those guys are idiots and can't read well if you stated you were in a wheelchair and they freaked out. I don't think you should give up. I have a friend at work that is in a wheelchair and she goes on dates and had a few long-term relationships.

• do they know you are in a wheelchair yes?

• Perhaps you aren't as pretty as they expected you to be, could be the main reason.
    Being paralyzed might be secondary.
    I would instead give you a hug right now. :)

• I am sorry for those bad experiences. It's not all guys, it's just those guys who agreed to meet with you when they weren't all in. I don't think you should give up altogether though, not if it's something you still really want.

What Girls Said 2

• They're stupid. You said you make it clear, so they should know.

They don't sound sensitive, just like jerks.

Don't give up!

• Maybe they just realize they do not want to deal with such responsibility.