No privacy at all from parents. Can't even kiss my girlfriend. What would you do here? Have you ever dealt with parents like this?

Unfortunately I never have more than three minutes alone with my girlfriend to do anything. I really would like to kiss her in privacy but I have no way of doing that because the rule is no shut doors. The thing is, I'm 18 in 5 months, straight A student and have never done anything wrong in my life other than leaving the milk out all night once or twice. I wish I could get a little privacy. But if I ask for privacy, of course they're going to assume I'm having sex. Even though I told them I have NO interest in that right now. I don't know what to do. Please help me. I'm still waiting for my license so I can't drive and neither can she.

Most Helpful Girl

• Either do it elsewhere or get over it.

Their house their rules, simple as that.

• I guess the rule is having any form of privacy is evil. I wonder why I follow any of their rules if this is what I'm going to get.

• That's pretty damn stupid logic. If I wanted sex with her, a closed door would not stop me. I would find a way if it was that important. The only thing they are stopping me from doing is having any physical relationship with her at all.

• No they're not!

Go to her place!

I have a boyfriend, and the only thing stopping me from sleeping with him is that I can't at my place. So we go to his or a mates place!
      Not that hard!

Most Helpful Guy

• Bathroom... no shut doors never applies to bathrooms...

• "Hey mom and dad we're just going to both go into the bathroom together at once and shut the door."

• It gets to be around 102 outside where I live

• hotter action...

What Girls Said 4

• They can't be watching you all the time. Sneak a kiss here and there. ;}

• I want to actually kiss her for more than 1 second 😭

• That's what I currently do, it's very stressful.

• Ick. Try going to your girlfriend's house?
      Or go over to a friend's house and have her meet you there? I'd have her bring a friend for your friend though.

Or have another friend over so they're not the "3rd wheel".

• It's easy. Lock your door and do everything anyway.

• How to get grounded forever and never be allowed to have friends over 101.

• my parent are like this too so i know how it feels. You just have to wait until you can take an appartement

• That could be close to a decade. 2 more years of school + junior college and 4 years of college. I can't wait that long... ):

• take an older girlfriend you can stay in her appartement

• Kiss her in other places then. You don't have to do that at home.

• I don't really want to tongue it out in public though

What Guys Said 4

• So your options are:
    -close your door because the rule is stupid and who cares what they think?
    -go to her house
    -go somewhere else
    -move out

• close the door because the rule is stupid and who cares what they think. Let's see, how to never be allowed to have company over again be grounded forever step 1.

• Such a smartass for someone who's allowed themselves to be neutered by their parents. You never thought of slowly earning trust and respect by showing you were responsible?

• My wife and me both dealt with parents like this.
    We just didn't see each other at home.

• THEY are the parents... you follow THEIR rules.

• I've followed every one of their shit rules without question, maybe I'd like a little something in return for once?

• Well I won't lie, I respect that if that's true. Still frustrating.

• My friend, at this age, every boundary that they set seems cruel. But trust me, in the long run, they only think good for you. You are going to cherish these acts of obedience in future when you get to their age. You will be doing exactly the same with your kids. :)

• Let them catch you,

• Wtf why

• They wouldn't cause I'm waiting for a few years to do that.

• Ok then, I don't know what to tell you then man, just keep trying not to get caught by them I guess you know.