Why is there such strong societal pressure on men to make a good impression on women?

i dont understand. i never try to impress anyone. i think its clingy and you are searching for validation too much. there seems to be not nearly as much pressure on women to impress men. i really dont understand why someone would want to impress someone else on purpose? like you are trying to win their affection or love it seems like pure weakness to me. you have zero integrity. i think its pathetic when men try so hard to impress women. i think its macho man behavior which i think is bad. i think it inflates women's egos too much. its like they want men to impress them. its true, integrity is scarce in the world today in both men and women. i see a man that tries to impress a woman like a dog trying to impress his master for a treat.

i will never try to impress women, not like most men do it. especially something gentlemanly i would never do that. i think its weakness. all this courteous behavior like women are princesses or goddesses.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel as if everyone should try to make at least a good first impression on each other. You should say a polite hello at first instead of walking up in there like "AYE I'M HERE SHIT CUNTS LOVE ME!" I don't believe in trying to impress someone 24/7 though. I haven't noticed a specific pressure on one gender to make good impressions, I;ve always seen equal stress on each.
    For men I've noticed that they have to be gentlemanly and buff. They should pay for the dates and they are required to be at a woman's beck and call.
    For women I've noticed that they have to be feminine and slim. They should fit most old school female roles, such as clean and cook for her man. I've also noticed a conflict between makeup or natural. With makeup they're sluts, without makeup they're ugly.
    The fact that either gender has to be pressured into making an impression specifically for the other kind of bothers me.

Most Helpful Guy

• "i dont understand. i never try to impress anyone. i think its clingy and you are searching for validation too much. there seems to be not nearly as much pressure on women to impress men. i really dont understand why someone would want to impress someone else on purpose? like you are trying to win their affection or love it seems like pure weakness to me. you have zero integrity. i think its pathetic when men try so hard to impress women. i think its macho man behavior which i think is bad. i think it inflates women's egos too much. its like they want men to impress them. its true, integrity is scarce in the world today in both men and women. i see a man that tries to impress a woman like a dog trying to impress his master for a treat.

i will never try to impress women, not like most men do it. especially something gentlemanly i would never do that. i think its weakness. all this courteous behavior like women are princesses or goddesses."

ooookie dokie

What Girls Said 3

• Well if you want a girl you, you will ONLY get one by making a good impression and most men naturally want to do so when they like a girl

• i sometimes feel like women go shopping for men and it makes me feel a little dehumanized.

• For the same reason there is such social pressure for women to make a good impression on men.

Get off the cross, bro.

• Be yourself and if that doesn't impress her then she doesn't deserve you. Never listen to society but remember your manners and common courtesy towards others. That, in my books, impresses me.

• yes i agree that manners are good.

What Guys Said 6

• Just start lifting bro.

• it works great, i know.

• Because men have to prove themselves to women. It's always been that way for some reason. The power of babies is strong or is it the power of boners?

• I applause you loudly dude. I think it is totally true. Society says women do what they enjoy. Men should do what women would enjoy. But, we should break our chins by not wanting to impress women to prove weakening pride.

• you do you; impressing others is secondary

• Women feel a similar kind of pressure.

• Judging from the way most men, particularly young ones, behave and dress I'd have thought they either don't care much about making a good impression on women or don't have a clue how to do it.