Would you date a heavier set person?

Ok so I'm quite small, in height and figure. I went on a date with a guy who was a bit talker than me but quite a bit heavier set also. I like him and we've agreed to go on a second date the only thing I have my reservations about is that he's gained quite a bit of weight from his picture (we met online). He's not bad looking and we had a kiss and it felt so right, like it was the best kiss i think I've ever had! Which is why I'm now so confused? He's not my usual type as I usually go for smaller guys who are toned as I'm so heavily into fitness, but there's just something about him, we've text every day since the first date, we have a lot in common and he seems to be compatible with my weirdness. In the past I've always gone for jerks just cause they're good looking, so I'm not used to being treated as nicely as he treated me either! What do I do? :/

*taller

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you've just discovered "your type" that you didn't realize before honestly. Don't let his weight stand in the way and be an issue. You seem to really like him otherwise. As your relationship progresses he is likely going to want to loose some for you anyway on his own (when he was single he didn't care, maybe even had some depression?, so likely why he gained the weight). And if not, as you guys get to know each other better you can maybe suggests workouts? Don't phrase it to him "you need to loose weight" but "I'm going for a workout, want to join me?" It can be something you do together maybe.

• Ye he seems to be very nice. Haha, ye that's something I don't wanna do :P a very good plan thank you! he's actually very into fitness like cycling and running which is why I was a bit taken back when I saw him. He told me he's been out of it for a while but is now training to run a marathon! So I guess he'll have to get up to a certain fitness level to do that!

• Well nothing to worry about then, the weight will come off, especially if that's his goal!

Most Helpful Girl

• I have Dated and Mated many in Relationships, @LifeIsStrange, And Yes.. I have date a heavier person.
    He was a bit Chubby, But Cute as a Care Bear, And he had a Great sense of humor and a most amazing personality.
    It's what Counts on the Inside, Not on the Out, Is what it is all About.
    I like your Analogy, Many times you are Right. You are finding out that Personality is a Highlight.
    Good luck and Great going. xx

• Aww haha, I'm finding the same! He's funny and I can say something without feeling stupid as he says something back which just feels like he gets me.
      Thank you! I think maybe as I'm younger I've just always gone for the 'bad boys' cause of the thrill I get but now I'm realising I just get hurt and feel under appreciated. It's the more average looking guys with a heart of gold who make me feel happy in myself! Also I used to be heavier myself, I was a 12-14 and got made fun of a lot. I felt better after losing weight but I know how It feels to be judged, now I'm doing the same!
      I shall see how the second date goes :) fingers crossed haha! Thank you ^.^ xx

• That's ok! Thank you for your opinion 😄
      I didn't end up dating him but not due to not being attracted. I felt an attraction but it was too soon for me to date again.

• Thank you, @LifeIsStrange for the Vote of Confidence. xx

What Guys Said 6

• they usually tend to be nicer... but some have a boatload of insecurity.

• Not a chance

• Negative. I'm a bodybuilder and take nutrition/being in shape very seriously. I couldn't date someone that doesn't have the same lifestyle as me.

• Introduce him to health and fitness.
    Sounds as though he is a case of type-two diabetes and heart disease waiting to happen.

• He actually enjoys being active! Said he goes running and cycling and to the gym but hasn't done for a while so I think he's only just getting back into it. SaI'd he's trainin to run a marathon too!

• *Said he's training

• I would

• " In the past I've always gone for jerks just cause they're good looking, so I'm not used to being treated as nicely as he treated me either! What do I do? "

I can't even. Please let him find a woman who will appreciate him, and go back to your pretty jerks. He deserves better.

• Haha I've only dated 2 people... only one of them was drop dead gorgeous. The other guy who I had a long term relationship with I had an attraction too and I thought he was pretty good looking but everyone else in my family told me I was too good for him and I deserved better. I didn't listen cause I loved him so much! Eventually I found out he wasn't a nice person inside, that's why I left. Looks don't really bother me, it's just that I'm into fitness and want to find someone who shares that passion. I liked my ex as he was, he wasn't in shape but wasn't huge either, he worked out with me cause he wanted too and started enjoying it! We became fitness buddies too. But he started to become bog headed cause he was gaining muscle and started toning up! I don't want to change anyone, I just want to be sure I like this git as he is, as a person too and one date isn't enough for me to decide that yet.

What Girls Said 4

• Heck no. I'd rather someone who putS some effort to look good

• I would date him. Go with what you are feeling for him :) I prefer chubby guys :)

• I wouldn't personally but that's just me

• What the heck is the problem here? HE TREATS YOU RIGHT AND YOU STILL FIND HIM SEXY!!! If you're worried about his weight, just get him to work out with you as a date. You spend time together, you talk more, you get him in shape while still keeping his personality and his niceness, and you build up his confidence. You have the PREFECT guy for you right here. Instead of going after good looking jerk and trying to change their personality, go for the guy with great personality and change him into a good looking man. So much easier.