Is it a red flag that he's rushing into a relationship?

Met a guy, we talked on the phone for hours. He told me he wanted me to submit to him, and be his. I told him let's take things slow. I am a little worried by his readiness to jump into a relationship with me. He seems great from what I know so far, but it's still too early to tell. He first told me he is looking for just a friend that could lead to possibly more. I told him I was looking for the same thing, but now he's wanting to be with me exclusively and wants me to stop talking to other men. I find this weird. What do you think? Red flag? Should I run for my damn life?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're not looking for a relationship with a certain amount of D/s, sounds like he's not the right guy for you.

Beyond that... I don't mind the get in or get out approach on relationships. Maybe it's not for you, but for a lot of people, if they're going 'slow' they're not going anywhere, they're just passing time waiting for someone better. Obviously you're not sure before a relationship if it's going to work long term, but you typically still don't know 6 months of 'going slow' later. You get in, see if it works, see if you can work out differences, and if not, you leave.

• Makes sense. I told him I wasn't looking for a serious relationship, but was open to the idea if the friendship blossomed into something more. But, the fact that he's so ready to jump into something so serious without really knowing me fully scares me!

Most Helpful Girl

• how long have y'all been talking? if its been a few months, then yea i can see him wanting more with you but if your not feeling the same way then let him know you still want to date a little longer. See how you feel then. If its just a month or less, that is quick and just let him know and if he keeps pressuring it then yea end it bc he is now acting clingy.

You may not be that into him.

• Only for one day! Not even a full 24 hours yet!

• yes then its def a red flag bc that is crazy! He doesn't even know you. yeah now that is when you say he is thirsty, desperate and showing signs of clinginess. You should run for sure. he has some issues

What Guys Said 3

• Guy you just recently met: "I want you to submit to me."
    [What SHOULD be the girl's response:] Wtf?

• "He told me he wanted me to submit to him..."

That's all you need to know.

Instant red flag.

Block him.

• Better stay off things which are difficult or dangerous to get out of.

What Girls Said 5

• You do realize that submitting to someone and being in an exclusive relationship are 2 different things right? This guys a creep, run for ya damn life...

• :o wait... for how long do you know him? that sounds creepy

• Run!!!
    The fuck hw sounds creepy telling you to submit to him just like that.
    Na ah no

• The first thing that comes to mind is CONTROL, he sounds like a control freak and you don't have to get into or do anything you are not comfortable or ready for.

• I completely agree. He does come off as controlling. He asked me how long I was single, I told him for one year. He then asked me if I was having sex with someone, I told him honestly yes. He told me to stop and kick the guy to the curb and bring him in the picture. I immediately thought he may be the controlling type at that point.

• To submit to him? What the hell? That would make me block him.

• LOL, I thought the same thing, but said I would give him a chance. I go by actions anyway... but he's making me a little nervous. And on top of it all, we haven't even known each other a full 24 hours yet!