How do I explain being unemployed to a date?

I lost my job just last week and I was looking to get out of there anyways due to the high amount of stress I was feeling. I was losing sleep and having stress related pain from it. It's now gone now that I don't work there.

Having said that, when meeting new women and they ask about my job status, how should I phrase that to them so I don't sound like a deadbeat or lazy? I am looking for new work, I just couldn't handle the stress of that place.

Most Helpful Girl

• "I'm currently taking a well deserved break from the work force and enjoying the fruits of my savings." If you really feel self-conscious then you could even add, "I had this planned and decided to create two savings account; one for emergencies and one for my summer break." Say it with confidence. Don't say it like you are questioning yourself, say it like you wholeheartedly feel pride in your decision.

If you don't feel comfortable enough with her yet to be transparent about losing your job, then don't. It will just make things awkward because you guys aren't at the point where you can be vulnerable with each other like that. I remember hearing a story about some guy back in the 90's who got fired on his day off and it led to him becoming a millionaire because he realized he was sick of stressful, bullsh*t work atmospheres and decided to start trading stocks. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're genuinely looking to become employed again and you're not actually lazy, then they should understand. If they can't understand that, then fvck em

What Girls Said 8

• "I'm Between jobs right now, Just taking some time for me," And Laugh a Little.
    However, It's Nice to Talk about your kind of Work so she knows that you Love whatever Job you do Do.
    *Good luck and Best wishes with your Next New job. xx

• Maybe just say you're in a transition or something. You could even say you're still employed since you just quit. I don't think you need to put it all on the table the first date, and hopefully by the second, you have a job and can explain why you quit the other.

• you tell her that exactly how you told us but unfortunately, most women will be turned off by the fact that you dont have a job now regardless of why unless she is one of a kind, but i would get a job first before dating again.

Its just not a good look but i do understand. just best to get yourself back on track before dating.

• Did you give your 2 week notice or just quit?

• neither, I was fired

• Oh yeah I wouldn't tell them that I was fired nor would I even tell that to a future employer.

• Some people are upfront about being fired. It shocks me when they tell me.

Hopefully the woman/women doesn't care too much about it. :]

• Say, "You see that employed guy over there? Well I'm the opposite of that"

I'm just kidding

Just be honest

• Things happen and people should understand

• I recently left my old job as I was just too unhappy there and I'm looking to start something else very soon. Let them know what you're gonna start though. Being too non committal not having a plan can sound bad sometimes.

• I don't think you need to.

What Guys Said 4

• You're not a deadbeat if you just lost your job last week, any woman who doesn't understand that isn't worth your effort.

• Just be honest about it. "I worked at my last job for ___ years, but it wasn't what I expected. So, I'm looking for something that suits me better."

• Find a new one?

How do I explain to them all the stupid shit I've done?

You think YOU got problems?

• If she really likes you she'll work it out