Keep trying or just be friends?

I like her, and have done everything to try and show her. I even told her I cared and she pretty much knows I like her. We hung out today, and went to the mall, too lunch etc. However, I noticed she was texting a guy she was talking about earlier. Flash back: She said the two of them weren't dating but it looked like it was heading that way. Then, she stopped talking about him and was getting flirty with me, and we hung out, and she said she was having fun and we should do more stuff etc. Back to now, while we were hanging out, I noticed her texting him, and then later in the night, she says she's going to hang out with him. I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle. Should I just stop trying romantically and only see her as a friend now? or keep trying?

Most Helpful Girl

• What you really should be doing instead here , dear Is... Stop trying and move on and find someone more deserving.
    She is keeping you now as some "Back pocket boyfriend" while she still is Trying to Head in his direction. She is Mistaking your own kindness for weakness as well, and as long as you try to hang in There, you will have To... Share.
    Start showing her you are no one's fool and give her a Chance to see that you too can find a Little... Romance.
    Don't continue to be an Enabler for every Guy she will Try.
    Good luck. xx

What Girls Said 2

• Start going out with people who appreciate you

• What if I texted her, seeming kind of upset about her going with him. Not like blatant, but enough to know I was sad, and she cancelled on him. Saying he was "lame".

• I added new information, and asked an opinion on it. A simple, kinder answer could have worked, instead of insulting. Your "wording" is more of an agitated offensive response than something educated.

• Because you don't get it and that makes you frustrating. You are trying to avoid the obvious and that is she doesn't appreciate you. Sure I was sarcastic and I apologize but get it through your head you are being used. I think my reply to you was less painful than the one you're going to find out if you continue this Don Quixote quest for a girl who doesn't give two craps. She wants the attention she's a little girl. Don't be a little boy by giving her exactly what she wants

• I would start dating other people keep your options open like she is

• Are you sure she cancelled on him or did he cancel on her and this is the story she told you, for her to text him while you are out with her tells me she didn't think he was that lame all day

What Guys Said 1

• Neither, just stay away from her because it's emotionally draining to be 'just friends' with someone you're crushing on.