So, her mom absolutely loves me; and just dropped a bombshell; how should I receive it?

To make it short, i really like this girl; and i suspect the feelings are mutual. She's currently involved with someone lives in another state, but from the little bit I've gathered (she doesn't talk much about her relationship, nor do i enquire) their relationship is a bit on the rocks. We go out together quite often, where we have nice dinners, do charity work, etc. She even wants to go travelling abroad with me ( no mention of s/o). So yea, her mother LOVES me; and while having a conversation with her today she said "imagine you and _________ were married, of course you would know these small details about what color her toothbrush was..." she even mentioned something about contraception in this "make-believe" marriage. Question is: Would a girl's mother make such a reference about you and her daughter being married, without it having some type of deeper, more profound meaning? She didn't have to take HER own daughter as an example in that convo, she could've just said "you and a girl". I understand that, the discussioms with her daughter about me may not be directly about marriage (we in fact are not even an item) but there seems to be something brewing in the air. Note: for reasons not mentioned here, i can be fairly sure mom isn't fond of her daughter's s/o All thoughts and comments are welcome.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes She definteltey wishes her daughter was with you rather than the other guy. Its not sure her daughter and her talked about it, but mothers know daughters well and maybe knows that you guys would make a good item or that her daughter likes you/could like you/ you are her type. I'd be so angry at my mom if she said something like that, but it would be totally something she would do! She was right about one of my friends, she loved him, and we did end up having a beautiful 3 year relationship, though it ended because of distance.

• Thank you for your point of view. Much appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• Take it as a compliment. I know I always do.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• The mother likes you and clearly sees you as a better fit than your friends boyfriend. However, that doesn't imply anything about her situation specifically.

• Maybe the mother wants you to bang her.