Girls, has a guy ever just been too late to ask you out because you got over him?

Like you crushed on him or just simply liked him for awhile, but he nor you didn't make a move and then you got over liking him. Then he finally asks you out, but he was too late cause you were no longer into him?

That ever happen?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! :) I had a huge crush on this guy in eighth grade, say his name is... Tyler. We had known each other for years, been at the same elementary school all our lives, and we considered ourselves very comfortable around each other.

Well, in eighth grade, he didn't notice me. I liked him so much, thought he was so cute, and just wished he could see it *lol, I never made a real move* but everything was just friendly.

Flash forward a year, we're all freshmen in the freshmen introduction class. He sits behind me with a group of guys (that would become close friends). Well, one of his guy friends, say Sean, asks Tyler to talk to me and see if I liked him (lol, I was not turned on by the lack of balls to just come and talk to me) Ok, so, Tyler walks up to me after school and goes "Hey, I have a question. Do you know the guy that sits behind you, Sean. Well, do you like him?" And I'm like "No, I don't know him. I've never talked to him..." THEN TYLER GOES! "Oh... well... how do you feel about me?" XD WHYYYYYY TYLER!!! WHYYYY!!! You could have had me! My mind was screaming this, but I was done with that. I didn't like him anymore. So, I said "Tyler, you've been my friend for ages. I can't like you like that."

And so by the end of high school, I had a whirlwind high school romance with Sean and he became my first little love. And so goes the logic of kids.

What Girls Said 19

• That actually did happen to me recently. There was a guy I was totally head over heels for in high school but he had a girlfriend. Last fall we were talking and he confessed he liked me back then and I guess he was hinting that he still did but he's about 4 years too late.

• Mmmm let me think about it. I had 2 big crushes in my life, I recon if both guys came to ask me out , I would give them a chance, even if I moved on, I guess I liked them for a reason in the first place, so why not give it another shot :)
    Unless I got over them because they really turned me off

• Pshhh um honestly, I do not think this has ever been my case lol. If so I believe it is never too late for love to blossom... unless I'm like married or a catholic nun! I'd rather he be late than never. I mean there have been time's where I've lost interest because of other important factor's, this just would not be one. Everyone deserve's a second chance depending on the circumstances that is.

• Umm.. yeah I think.. it wasn't a crush or anything.. I just liked him a little but got over it pretty quick..

• Not yet.

• Nope. My crushes tended to last a long time :P

• Hmm yeah, with few guys that friend-zoned me (rejected me). I had a new crush/boyfriend.

• Hm I don't think so. Maybe it could in the future but so far that hasn't happened.
    Prolly cause I usually make a move if he doesn't haha

• Nah, that's never happened to me.

• No that's never happened with me hehe ☺️

• Hmmmmm, can't say it has happened

• not really.

• Nope. Never happened.

• I don't chase men, so if a guy didn't seem interested in me even if I was attracted to him then yes if he liked me later it would be extremely hard for me to fall for him. I don't think most women are like this though. Timing can mess it up if she has feelings for someone else though.

• lol no XD

never happened XD

• Yeah it happened to me.

• So why didn't you just ask him out?

• No matter. The only thing that matters is that when he asked me out i was no longer interested in him. I had a new crush. It is childish and i was childish at that age. 15-16

• I don't get asked out so I could not tell you

• Yes that has happened to me before

• So why didn't you just ask him out at the time?

• did you even give him any signs you liked him?

• NO I was too cotton picken shy as a teen, I did talk to him though but I never had the nerve to say I liked him and by the time took interest I was over him

• Yes.

• So why didn't you just ask him out?

• So would you even had said yes had he asked you during the time when you liked him?

• Honestly, I don't know what I would do.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, but not because I got over him, but because I'm a guy just like him :P.

• It depends. If she learned or realized that she just did not like something about you. She most likely will start liking you again if she does not have a new crush.