Why are girls saying I look handsome/cute on G@G but I'm rarely matching on tinder?

are they just being nice or are online dating sites just a flawed crapshoot?

• Being nice
  • Flawed crapshoot
  • Fuck online dating
I erased all my online dating accounts...

Most Helpful Girl

• They're being nice, I'm guessing...

• Or maybe my profile sucks

• Aw thanks for the follow, I followed you back by the way. And good luck on irl dating ❤️😘

• Thanks... I might have a real date this weekend... Maybe, depends if she actually wants to and isn't just saying she wants to meet.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Fuck online dating"

Online dating is stupid... You need to be a solid 9 or 10 guy to get a lot of matches, even then... those guys don't do as well online dating...

A lot of girls on there don't actually want to meet up anyway.

Go outside into the world, and meet people there...

What Girls Said 11

• Because it's tinder? Where people treat finding a partner like shopping for groceries?

• Some reasons: Tinder is very superficial, G@G is mostly full of people trying to help others. Also, the text you write on Tinder and the pictures you put on there are very influencing. You don't want to put pictures with too many girls on there and putting a pet into your picture can get you more likes. Also, can't you install a preference age in Tinder? (I-m guessing you have something like 21-33years old). The age spread here is much larger and teens also give opinions (which is not the age group you want to romantically get involved with). I don't know your culture, but that might also influence the opinions (G@G is had people from USA, Europe, Asia, etc). Culture also influences the answers on G@G.

• Probs just being nice bc they aren't faced with the possibility of having to date / hook up with you.

• Why would so many say that then? I've posted pics on here to get style advice and I've got all types of compliments like "your hair looks gorgeous" and "but you look so handsome" and plenty more... I guess I look good but they wouldn't hook up with me/date me. Lame.

• This cutie is absolutely right 🍫

• i love how u think tinder is a legit thing lol

• I know, I'm so naïve... But I was hoping something would come out of it.

• Online dating is about how you present yourself. If you don't present yourself well, it doesn't matter how handsome you think you are.

• Bc people on here love to kiss ass in general.
    Ever noticed how everyone is a "10/10" on here?

• Let's see a pic! We will be honest. Tinder is only for ons. Maybe you are boyfriend material.

• I haven'tseen your picture so I can't really personally say you are 'cute'.

• A link in 99percents conversation

• NEWSFLASH: People on GaG often lie in order to not hurt someone's pretty little feelings, many are pussies afraid of being honest.

• "Rarely" meaning?

• If I rearrange my pics and write a good description I'll get a match or 2 a day for about a week... And then nothing.

• Doesn't always work... And it seems pointless and extremely random.

The last thing to work for me was I changed my description to this -

I'm awkward... Asmr, tumblr grunge, the walking dead, here come dat boi, miniature poodles, autism, yay!

I changed it back to that... But wtf, why would that get me matches?

• I have no idea.

I also have no idea how Tinder works, but try to avoid selfies, bathrooms, mirrors, etc. in pictures, as I saw that you don't already.

• Nah i don't think they're just being nice bc i always always tell the truth on here. If a hot guy ever shows up i make sure to let my thirst show lmao! But all in all you should quit inline dating. It is so stupid. Won't get you anywhere trust me.

• Definitely getting to that point... A link to what I look like is in 99percent's conversation

• @Asker Well go for it then. this anon girl believes in you :)

• Hey anon... Follow me and I'll follow you - www.girlsaskguys.com/user/whatevermaybewillbe

What Guys Said 8

• They are just sycophants who overrate every picture on here, maybe to feel good about themselves or something but I've seen some girls get 9's when by most standard they look average as fuck.

• Online dating is utter garbage.

• cause girls on tinder are stupid sluts

• I think most guys get little matches on Tinder...

At one point, I was getting 4 per day, but I haven't worked on improving my pictures in a while...

And kind of stopped caring...

• Because there's more than like 4 or 5 attractive girls on tinder. OOOOHHHHH

• All of the above.

• The average girl here is not the average girl on tinder.

• It depends on lots of factor. One thing is in here everyone become nice, or in tinder you dont have good pic. There're lots of blog about uploading sharpen pic, pic with light etc. Online dating it all depends on your pic. They way you represent yourselves.