Would you be in a relationship with a girl whose best friend was a guy?

She's really close to him, but sees him like a brother.

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah i would and who knows he might be into some thing you are which will make your relationship with the girl even better if you get along with her best freind.

i would count myself lucky if i was you most girls cut off there best friends if there guys for the simple fact that the boy friend could be insecure about it.

• He's my best friend. I tell him everything and we've been through a lot together. He's family. He's made mistakes and so have I, but his loyalty to me has never been put in question. No one could make me drop him for them. He's definitely not someone to be insecure or jealous of. We are very close and from the outside, I understand where people might think we were dating, but once you got to know us, it's obvious that our love and admiration for each other stems from a familial kind of love, not romantic. I'm also not the type of best girl friend that would try to sabotage his relationships with other girls. Really, I'd love to get to know them and become their friend. I want them to know I'm not a threat. I want him to happy and I'm not going to get in the way of him being happy. I've been in a relationship where the girl bff always care first and wasn't really all that welcoming. I wouldn't wish that on any girl and if I don't want that kind of girl bff.

• your welcome

Most Helpful Girl

• If aa guy is so insecure and possessive that he can't accept you having male friends you're better off without him..

What Guys Said 18

• Certainly.

• I would. If she wanted to fuck him or date him, she already would be!

• Sure, I mean I would feel a little insecure but I still would. That is because I would trust you/ the girl I'm about or am already dating! If you can't trust your partner than it can never be true love, and trust is one of the biggest things in a relationship you know!!!

• I would dpribably feel kind of uncomfortable, but my best friend, and most of my closest friends, are girls so I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't

• yes I have many female friends so I wouldn't and couldn't say know to her

• Yes. And i have

• no i won't

• I did that, and became friends with him. Poor girl didn't stand a chance after that.

• Sure, because she'd be in a relationship with me, whose best friend is a girl.

• I've been in a relationship with a guy who had a girl best friend. I had no problem with that at all. I wasn't jealous. We ended though because he always put her before me. I never asked for much. I told him nothing about his dynamic with her had to change EXCEPT for him cuddling with her. I couldn't handle that. He knew it made me uncomfortable that they still cuddled despite him being with me, but he even told me that he refused to change his dynamic with her for me. My best friend means the world to me, but when I am with someone, I know that not everything can be the same with him. We don't do anything that would really need to change. Maybe me sleeping over his house (even though all we do is pig out, talk about boys and watch The Office or play video games), but besides that we don't do anything that would warrant suspicion or insecurity.

• OH! Just to clarify, I'm not bitter or saying that all guys with girl bff's are like that. I hold nothing against all guys just because of one bad relationship. I just think it's sad that there are people out there that would ruin their happiness like that for a friend over a stupid reason. I also think it's sad that the friend would allow them to as well.

• Yes I would but I'll keep two eyes on him 👀

• Too common to refuse.

• I don't see a problem. He's just a friend.

• I would feel super jealous in all honesty.

• I would but it won't be the most comfortable situation.

• Its close but give it a shot.

• Depends

• no, I wouldn't

• Depends. You see him like a brother, but the quesiton is what does he see you as. I have only dealt with girls who had kept in touch with their exes. Now THAT is a bad sign. I would have to be around both of you to make my judgement

• Lol, he really is like a brother and I know he sees me like a sister. He introduces me to people as his. We have the perfect personalities for best friends, but we clash too much to ever consider a relationship nor am I even slightly attracted to him.

What Girls Said 5

• My BEST male friend is a guy. We've been friends since I was 2 years old and he was 1 yr old.

Kid is amazing and always there for me. <3

I can understand men who hesitate, because I would in the opposite situation. However, he and I don't talk everyday. Few texts a week to be honest. Rarely talk on the phone.

As long as the guy I'm with can say the same; then I'm more than happy to accept his BFF being a woman.

• "My best MALE friend is a guy" 😑🤔

• I know right. I don't even know how we got so close. Like, I just really care about him but in a familial way. I couldn't have feelings for him even if I tried. I've never been attracted to him. He's a very handsome young man, and sometimes I am surprised at how I've never been attracted to him, but I just don't feel that way.

It really is much better that I left him. We broke up 3 weeks ago, but in those three weeks he kept drunk texting me and sometimes calling and I would always respond as soon as he did. I finally got fed up with it after he "drunkenly" told me he hooked up with someone even though he knew I didn't want to know if he did. I sent him a long text about how I was done with him and then at first he wanted to talk to me, but then changed his mind two minutes later and harshly told me "Yknow what, nevermind. I'm not sorry that my friends came first, but I hope you find someone better for you," and that was it. I'm giving him his stuff back next Friday because

• he texted me the next morning asking "Can I at least have my damned scarf back?" after texting me later on that night asking if I wanted my necklace back and I didn't reply. I was already going to give him his stuff back. I don't want any reminders of him anyway. I never expected our breakup to end that badly. I thought it would at least end amicably.

• I was hoping these guys would say yes. My best friends are guys and people that date me better trust me anyways and realize me and him are just friends and nothing more. They aren't going anywhere so they have to accept it.

• I like your thinking. :) I never realized just how many potential suitors I've scared off sorta because I had a guy bff until my bff was trying to help me hook-up with this guy (never happened - for different reasons tho) and the guy thought I had a crush on my bff. My ex also thought that we were "fucking on the daily" (ew! his words, not mine). I don't get how he would think that though since we are always so mean to each other or making fun of each other and we never touch unless we're pushing each other or hugging hello and goodbye.

• no I would assume they like each other!

• i dont see why not

• It's a best friend. He is forever in the friendzone, you have nothing to worry about.