Online dating

what are your experiences with it? good or bad? or just opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are not a tall, gorgeously hot young athletic man or not a hot sexy large breasted woman, then online dating sucks just as bad as real life dating. I've wasted hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours on those sites looking for my true love.or just a night of sex. Only once have I met anyone and she was not quite accurate to her descriptions. Voluptuous my ass, she was plain FAT!

These days, spammers, liars, fakers and scam artists rule the dating sites. Just can't trust anyone anymore.

What Guys Said 3

• I think it has great potential, but bad for me so far. People tend to use old photos (sometimes real old) and they write descriptions of their perfect guy - who I could never come close to being. It's like they want some royalty to take them away and make them a princess. The ones who do seem right are often far away. I think it's because women who have qualities I look for, don't need an online ad to find a date.

• It's ok. One time I met a girl but she looked totally nothing like her pictures (where did those 100 pounds come from?) and currently I'm talking to a nice little lass and we're meeting up for drinks on Friday. I'll tell you about that when I'm done with it, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a nice night. ;)

• I've met some pretty cool girls online, one of em I still keep in touch with. We met up in real life and stuff and it was fine. The trick is to not worry too much about what they'll be like or whatever, because you can always just leave. =P

What Girls Said 7

• i've had LOTS of bad experiences. a lot of weirdos out there. but I did meet someone last november and we're still together.

just like in real life, you have to go thru a lot of jerks before you meet a nice guy. it's worth the wait tho.

the one thing I've noticed is that (as opposed to meeting in person), it may take a little longer to figure out they're a jerk. you may spend lots of time online with them before you meet them.

pay close attention to how they treat you/ talk to you online and get the first meeting out of the way quickly so you don't waste too much time on the jerks.

good luck!

• There are definitely plenty of idiots online, but that goes for real life too, obviously.

Plus, pretty much no one takes you seriously when you say you're dating someone online.

But I'm not really against it. There is a guy I've been talking to for years that I met online that I'm really interested in, but nothing is really official because I won't put a label on things until I meet them in person.

Basically it can go either way depending on how seriously you take it & maybe even how lucky you get hah. :]

• You talk to him online for years? why don't you guys meet in person? I started talking to this guy but the conversation is so short and boring because typically its hard to someone you never spent time with... like what would you talk about,?

• I'm not able to yet, but I plan on meeting him if/when I get the chance.

It's never been really boring for me, I guess it just depends. We just have a lot in common so it's not hard to find things to talk about.

• I've met a few men in person that started out online, and I highly recommend getting to the meeting in person part quickly, because people lie! I had one guy lie about his name and appearance, another - his age. One guy wanted to like set up playing house like instantly. It's definitely true there are just as many creeps online as anywhere else. However, I have met my current boyfriend online, and he is simply fantastic - much funnier, intelligent, and handsome then I ever dreamed from our initial chats and picture exchanges. As far as states away LDR's that have never met, isn't that called a penpal? lol. I mean I guess if that meets your needs. who am I to judge, But, I know it would never work for me.

• I have had varying experiences, I haven't really signed up officially with any of the dating services, so I haven't found out the what the real deal is. I am on Yahoo 360 and I have a lot of men wanting to date me, or see me on the Web Cam. I found a man that really takes my breath away, he was upset that I have a boyfriend, or Livin, but he has been emailing me and chatting a lot, for a year, and finally I gave into him, and now I want to meet him, I want to meet him too. But he only sent me on picture, and I have talked with him, and he gets my heart beating, but I am not sure if he really looks like he says he does, I let you know when I meet him.

• I think it's very capable of being something true. I'm living proof, however, I didn't say it was always going to be easy. If you care for each other, it's definitely a good thing / can last.

• Eh.

I know there are many people who've had successful online relationships.

But I just don't see how people can love each other over the INTERNET.

I mean if y'all've met or planning to meet, cool.

Or like if its in the same city, or even STATE, but that's pushing it.

But personally, I think online dating are dumb.

• For me, I met my boyfriend online. I think my expirence is good. But honestly I think it depends on the person. I thought I would never date anyone online, boy was I wrong.