Girls, does the manner in which a guy takes your rejection make a difference?

I am going to admit, a few rejections I've gotten I haven't taken very well. That is I have sort of been a jerk to the girl after it happened.
One distant friend told me that whever a guy acts like that it just reaffirms her decision.
Is she saying (Im terrible at reading through the lines) that a guys behaviour after you reject him makes a difference?
Because the way I see it is that when a girl rejects you, its done, its settled. She doesn't wanna date you and never will. So what difference does it make if you continue to be nice to her or an asshole there after?

What Girls Said 1

• I don't understand people like you. Why do you have to act like an ass towards the person who rejected you? What makes you think you're entitled to be with her?

What Guys Said 1

• it might not change her mind about rejecting you but it's definitely nice to have a pleasant interaction with another human being when rejecting them that gives the person hope that people who get rejected aren't all bitter