Should I pursue a guy who is 12 years younger than me?

i have a crush on a guy who is 12 years younger than me but I'm not sure if he likes me. He has big smile on his face when I approach him and likes talking to me. I'm just not sure if he's just being nice. I don't look my age but I wonder if he knows I'm older than him. When should I mention my age? I want to least get to know him a little better but it's kinda hard when your at work (we work in the same building). Anyway I can ask him his phone number without seeming creepy?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

• thats a difficult situation, it depends on the guy and if he is interested. He probably knows you are older (well you dont look your age but surely will look older than him). it can go either way, if he is interested then you making the first step because he maybe as worried as you but if he is not then will be ridiculous and you will feel embarrased. I am in same situation and i can't seem to make the first step because i worry it will look stupid

What Guys Said 8

• Instead of asking for a phone number outright, find a public event (*) that you two might both be interested in. Ask him about it and if he might want to go. If he seems interested, you can now exchange phone numbers under the ruse of planning.

(*) Google for anything local or regional that has "-fest" or "Festival" or "Fair" or "-con" in the title. For instance, I used to live in the Albany NY area and we had Tulipfest in May, and Larkfest and a jazz festival in September.

• 12 years is a big gap personally I think. Probably not even the right man for you with less maturity and experience than other guys closer to your age

• I love cougars. I've dated a few when I was younger. Yeah go for it

• Would you date a woman 12 years older than you now?

• Ann Wilson is huge now

• @Sexualchrist I'd have still had her and not anymore. She's had the lapband surgery and is looking very pretty

• A fling maybe but a relationship won't work

• Sure. Ask his number. But dont develop too many feelings. he's just my age. He may just be a horny guy. Not that acting on that would be bad ;-) . im positive he would appreciate...

• You should! Don't ask him for his number but ask him out for a cup of coffee or for drinks

• You should try and talk to him more. Find out as much as you can.

• I have a question. Can you send message me?

What Girls Said 1