Date tomorrow. Who is paying?

I asked this guy I've liked on a date. He enthusiastically said yes, and then proceeded to set the location (movies) and do the planning, promising I'll have a great time.

Based on this situation, who is paying?

P. S. I'm okay with paying, I'm just nervous and would like to know in advance what is most likely to happen.

So update! The date went well and, even though I offered, he insisted on paying. We are set up to go to the carnival for our next date so expect another question sooner than later!!
Oh! And thanks to all of you guys!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Since you already asked him out first, you should offer to pay for the tickets first. If he is nice, he will offer to pay it for you. If he does not say anything, then you just pay for the tickets.
    Proceed to buy popcorn/drinks. You should ask him if he wanna drink something or eat something. He might asks you first. If he asks you, great, let him pay. If he does not make any move at all, then you can just pay for the entire things if you like.
    HOWEVER, assuming he does not pay anything at all for this time. If he is a nice guy, after the movie, he will offer you where you guys gonna hangout next time and it will be on him. If he does not, consider if you wanna continue dating him or not.
    I am not talking about a guy pays everything. I am talking about splitting the costs between you and him. If he does not share with you at all, why dating him?

What Guys Said 6

• Why don't you talk to him about it. As a side note I don't think the movies are a good first date because they limit conversation

• Well to start there are a few problems with this situation.
    1. He is leaving u in the dark about who is paying
    2. A movie date isn't a good date
    3. You should talk to him about this not us
    ... however these are minor problems but fromnthe sound of it he is paying simce he asked you to this specific place. Traditionally giys pay for dates. As of how long the guy pays can change. But a safe bet is to have some mad money on you and ask him who is paying.

• I would think that because you asked him out that you would pay but since he kind of hijacked control and is planning everything then he should pay.

That or you can keep it simple and go Dutch.

• I don't know, this is a tough one. If i was in his position i'd probably go ahead and pay.

• me duh

• Maybe he buys tickets and you buy the snacks? or vice versa.

What Girls Said 5

• Personally, I'd offer to pay for my share at the end of the meal. I wouldn't assume or expect him to pay. If he insisted then I'd insist that I pay the next time.

I think it's only fair to offer to pay for your own share of the meal.

• Youuu! lol

• When in doubt, half it.

• Well since you asked i think you should pay. Or perhaps you can go dutch. Or who knows maybe he will, don't over think it though just make sure you being enough money to cover the whole date just in case.

• if he's a gentlemen he'll pay even if you asked him but if it's an issue just pay for yourself.