Is my boyfriend being protective or controlling?

We have been dating for about 3 months now (I Don't keep dates). But he won't let me be in a call with a GUY (keep in mind that I'm bi) alone (as I game and such), in fear that I'll leave him. I won't leave him, and I've told him that on many occasions. I think it's sweet and all, but I have some guy friends who I have to talk to, and who hate group chats.
I don't want to leave my boyfriend, because I treasure him dearly... I could even say I love him soooooo much.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds a bit too paranoid to me, if you can't have a personal life than it seems like it's a bit too controlling.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• There might be some control but it may not be intentional or he may not realize that he's doing it. Mostly it's just his insecurities. Keep telling him (and showing) how much you love him and hopefully he won't let them get the best of him. Keep an eye on his behavior, if it's starts to get worse and gets jealous over everything then be careful. It may turn physical, hopefully not though. If you see it heading that way though get out. Don't wait or think it's going to get better.

• Controlling. It's not even debatable.

• Well some men just have different comfort zones. Id say i wouldn't really want my girl to hang out with a bunch of guys all the time. In fact its one of the things i look out for, before choosing a partner.

• Sounds like he's too much over thinking
    Maybe he don't trust you that much

What Girls Said 4

• Perhaps with "I don't keep dates,' he is feeling Insecure here, dear.
    Sit down and Talk Turkey to your GUY today. He appears to really Care about you, and you don't want it to lead to him Being too much of a Straw Boss.
    Try and Compromise.
    Good luck. xx

• Who you call should be your business, your friends were around before your boy I imagine, so he needs to respect that you each can have your own individual friendships. He needs to learn to trust you and not try to control what he is insecure about. That's not healthy, nor fair to you or your friends.

• Let's say you stay together with this guy: are you going to go through the rest of your life only being friends with, and speaking to, the people he permits you to?

This guy sounds unreasonable, what he is demanding of you is not normal, healthy, or advisable. If he can't pull an immediate 180 and stop all this jealous nonsense, I would suggest exiting as quickly as possible.

• He is insecure and trying to control you.
    Don't let him. Fight back and do what you want. You want to talk to your guy friends? Fucking do it.