Have you ever been cheated on and how did it make you feel?

I think there's something seriously wrong with me. I've always considered others' feelings before my own (ex. having sex with someone even though I didn't want to because I thought saying no would hurt them). However I never thought it was a serious concern until now. My boyfriend cheated on me and I cried but I honestly don't know why I was upset because as soon as he started crying I wanted to comfort him. I left and said we were done but when I got home I had a message from him saying he'd never been so sad in his life and that he didn't want to lose me so I told him it was okay and we're together again. I'm not angry at him at all and it's the next day I'm just scared that he'll do it again. I don't understand how I feel. I'm very confused. How did you feel when you were cheated on? Does how I am reacting make sense?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are too compassionate and caring of other. I agree that love is a powerful thing and wanting to make your SO happy is something we often put before what we as an individual feel and want. But there comes a time when you sacrifice so much for them that things sort to feel one sided and you end up in a depressed state or with mix emotions like you have now, just remember that pleasing him is all well and good but there needs to be a line and he crossed it. Some things are never worth looking over and past, and you need to firmly stand your ground

Most Helpful Girl

• Emotionally yeah I have... You have to stop putting your all for those who will not do the same for you. I'd forgive my.. EX lol but I wouldn't take him back. Know one accidentally fall's into kitty cat or onto a banana or eggplant. I just think you're mad (crazy) to comfort HIM-_- after he misused your trust, cause I'm pretty sure he didn't give a fudgesicle about you or your feeling's as he was slathering that chick with baby gravy. if you are scared he will do it again, WHYYYYY give him another chance if you don't trust him. What is a healthy relationship without trust and communication and love? yeah people learn from their mistake's, but I think you are ok with this situation a little too soon.

What Guys Said 15

• i felt violated, angry, betrayed, and not valued. it also caused me to lose a lot of trust in relationships for a while

i think your actions are relatively common. many people tend to easily take someone back. i think it's a little misguided. I think he owes you more and you deserve more than a simple i'm sorry i feel bad. he needs to explain himself and explain why he believes he won't cheat again and why he won't cheat again

• Yes, and despite the fact that I didn't really even like the girl (her best friend was going out with my best friend and she was bugging him about it, he gave me a bag if weed and a bowl to go out with her, omg, does that make me a prostitute?), It made me angry. I immediately broke up with her and rang the guys doorbell. His mom answered the door (this was back in high school), we had a mutual friend named paco (well, his name was actually Alex but everyone knew him as paco), I told her my name was paco and had to talk to her son. So she yelled up the stairs “Paco's here" when he got to the door he went bone white, but before he could run our say anything I punched him in the nose. He was bleeding and his mom was yelling “oh my god! Oh my god! Leave him alone, I'm calling the cops! I'm calling the cops!" I left, he got the message, and I don't think she actually called the cops.

• I only cheat on my diet once a week and it's pretty fucking awesome lol
    You feel completely normal he is being manipulating and you made the right decision to leave. He will do it again I can promise you that. A happy man in a relationship does not cheat. Whatsoever! Do NOT give him another chance. He'll just break your heart again.

• You are too sweet. Im glad that girls like you exist. But unfortunately some people take advantage of that. Personally i wouldn't ever be with a cheater.
    But its upto you to decide. If it haunts you that he may repeat then you should move on.
    There are plenty of good loyal men out there , looking for a girl like you.

• I have but I've also cheated, this was after i got cheated on (not same person that cheated on me) it sucks but its also hard like I dont intentionally try or think at the time its just in the moment kind of lust which to me was very hard to control but i felt terrible doing it and receiving it. Its a big line of trust thats broken and its really hard to try and make them believe u again

• Here's the truth. We're guys. As much as it sucks, it's in our nature to find ourselves attracted to other woman, we can't help it. But the biggest thing to remember is, we can still care A LOT about the person we are with while we do.

I'm not saying it's fair, but it's how we were designed. Though I'm not saying it's an excuse to let him keep going, but forgiveness is divine. Though, You do have to consider that he might do it again.

• I have, I felt pissed then sought revenge.

• no, luckily not

• if you ask me, you sound like a sucker.

• I never dated before but the truth is, you probably don't love him, you love HELPING him. You are too caring and this is bad because anyone can manipulate you to do anything.

• Yes i caught her planning a date with a guy in social media thank god i broke up with her before things get worse

• For me I just brushed it off and that was that.

• I broke down in tears since i still was so young.

• İ cheated my wife with my boss wife..

• Not cheated on as far as I know but I was summarily dumped once. She did it to get together with a guy who was just absurdly handsome, like a male underwear model. I was frankly just puzzled because he seemed a bit of a himbo to me.

I did have the satisfaction of her trying to get back together with me after the charm of his looks had faded but by then I had another girlfriend.

What Girls Said 5

• No I can't say I know.

• Okay here's a blunt fucking answer: You are emotionally weak and easy to manipulate with a personality like that. Until you take time to yourself to develop some self esteem and dignity you will be the perfect victim for assholes like your boyfriend your entire life. PLEASE do this not. Don't wait until you have a mid-life crisis to realize your worth.

• Ps yes I have been cheated on. I got back together with him and guess what... he cheated AGAIN and AGAIN. Don't be the me I was a few years back.

• Yep, i felt like i wasn't good enough, like i was just there to pass his time really

• For me I was pissed off. I was with him 6 years. I just dumped him and when he cried I punched him. He said I should punch him too actually. It was very easy to walk away from him.

• Cheating is the worst thing a person can do. It's a decision they made to purposely hurt someone