Girls, Can you like a guy for his personality over his looks?

Hypothetically speaking, if you met a guy that you didn't find attractive, initially ( but he wasn't bad looking ) and after getting to know him you start to like him for his personality and character.

Is it possible for you to find a guy attractive after you initially didn't find his looks attractive?
Can you like a guy for his personality or do you need that initial attraction?

I'm wondering because it's usually stated that guys are more visual.

12

Most Helpful Girl

• This actually happened to me. I've always said that the attraction has to be there first but I have come across one guy whom I didn't notice because of his looks. It was his personality that drew me in. Now I have a big crush on him. This is pretty rare though I would assume.

What Girls Said 11

• Yes, I can like a guy for his personality without an "initial attraction". This isn't hypothetical anymore because it has happened to me.

• Absolutely can. Personality can make you find someone physically attractive also, yes.

• I won't date someone if I'm not attracted to him.
    It'll be a waste of both our time. Kind of leading him on too, it's wrong to me.

• Yeah its possible

• Yes, it's happened to me several times.
    I ended up having a short relationship with a guy who I initially was repulsed by his face, because other things brought us together.
    I also had 2 year-long relationships with 2 really fat guys (fat is a turn off for me) because one of them had a really quick intelligent mind and the other was damn confident (and we shared other common interests of course).

• Ye. It's happened before.

• Absolutely! I've dated many guys in the past I thought I'd never be attracted to and even ended up loving a few of them!

• I don't know. I'd have to be able to find him attractive because when you first meet someone looks do matter sadly. But I guess after I got to know him and liked his personality, and character I guess his looks wouldn't matter that much.

• Yes, definitely

• yes I can and have done

• Yes!