Single guys: do you ever wear a ring?

I met this guy at a bookstore he is always looking at me whenever I go. I ask him about a book and he ask me questions about me and I notice since that day he's been saying hi to me when before all he did was look at me. I notice he wears a ring in he's left hand in the I'm marry finger but my friend says guys wear rings all the time and it does not mean marriage but the ring is gold.

Most Helpful Guy

• uhh no.

do girls do that shit? cause sometimes it throws me off but i say fuck it and go for it anyways.

• I did it as a server because I was tired of guys being dicks while I was trying to work, but overall, no, women don't do that.

• @EllieLexis513 guys still mess with servers these days? damn

• The younger ones do. I'm a teacher now and haven't been a server for 3 years, though.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yr friend is correct: Guys wear rings a lot.
    But...
    This does not mean guys wear WEDDING rings a lot.
    On their wedding finger of their wedding hand.

Lol

__

In other words:
    Dude's married.

At least it's not the "ghost band" (= the little concave depression and white skin left behind where some smooth operator takes *off* his wedding ring). At least it's not that.

Hey, he might just REALLY suck at innocent flirting... lol

What Guys Said 11

• He must have a thing for jewelry and fashion and likes gold. Who really knows for certain besides him? Unless you can perform a background check or something on him, you won't know for certain if he is actually married or not married.

I never wear a ring or any kind of gold bling bling, it's just not me.

• I wear my grandfathers ring on my right hand it's gold with a single diamond on it, but I don't put it on my left hand.

• I wore my class ring for awhile in high school but that was about it. I honestly wouldn't wear one for fashion.

• It's highly probable that the dude is married.

• It don't make since to me for a guy to have a ring on his marriage finger. You should ask him if he's married or look him up to find out.

• He acts like he likes me and he seems to be getting friendly in a nice way

• I notice it's always him I treat him normal like I would everone else.

• Well he should get the message.

• Yes. Yes I do. I in fact do wear a ring in person to turn people off to me and if they ask if I am married I lie and say yes.

• I cannot think of any reason that any man would do such a thing.

• nope, I thought about it but I've never had one

• No I don't wear rings. I wouldn't even wear a graduation ring.

• I never wear rings, even when i was married for 22 years never wore one. Had it on a necklace around my neck

• Yes.

I want to discourage ugly girls from approaching. And besides, rings don't mean a god damn thing anymore; single girls have lots of rings nowadays so you can't go by that

What Girls Said 9

• i know a few guys who like wearing rings. they usually have an eclectic vibe about them but i think it's nice. too many rings doesn't look good though. i reckon 2-3 is fine.

• He's married.

• You should just ask him. Because 1) marriage is the most obvious thing and 2) not a lot of guys wear rings just cause

• Yh they just want gurls to leave him alone
    It's like married guys remove the ring to show therent married it's the same thing!

• yes they of c!

• I can't speak for guys but I sometimes wear rings on that finger

• Either he is married or it could be a no sex until marriage ring. I'd ask him. :)

• Most likely not

• no guys rarely wear rings... and if they do, and that too on wedding finger... it's real.
    He's a cheat.

As a girl, yeah, I would wear it on L marriage finger... to avoid people... but I doubt guys do that.