She doesn't value things I buy her?

So I bought my girlfriend a nice necklace. Real silver, fit perfectly it seemed. As I gave her the box she just took it, opened it and gave it back saying she didn't have room to hold it at the moment.

I was puzzled but I took it back, and she "forgot" to take it from me later. I sorta made her take it the next day, and she never wears it...
She claims she likes it but I don't know. She wears this other necklace a lot, from Walmart or something cheap. Like wtf? Something from Walmart is more important than something I earned up for?

I also gave her other things for our monthly 'anniversary' and she just stuffed it into her backpack and never thanked me or texted me about them. It just seemed to never happened.
Should I be concerned with this? I need opinions pls I'm so lost/hurt.

Most Helpful Guy

• Should you be concerned with this? Was that a trick question?

You've obviously bought into the nice guy syndrome thinking that's what women respond to. You are wrong. Unfortunately, you would get more attention and care from her if you ignored her for a day or two or stopped being so reliable and predictable.

In short, this girl does not give a crap about you or your presents, takes you for granted and sees you as too nice.

I know you are lost / hurt but I only serve up the truth. It is never pretty and it never makes you feel great.

Another piece of advice. Pay no attention to what women tell you or say, only pay attention to what they do. In your example, she says she likes the necklace but what is she doing? What do her actions tell you? they tell you that what she says is bs because she never wears it.

Do a quick Google of ''Be A Skittles Man''.

What Girls Said 7

• It is rude for her to behave like that but there might be several different reasons. Maybe she's just not very materialistic and prefers to stick to the stuff she has always worn. She might also not be a massive fan of jewelry in general.
    Either way I think you should talk to her about it and ask her if something is wrong. Don't be like "I bought you these nice gifts and you behave like an ass" because that just makes you sound entitled and as if you're accusing her. That'll only make her mad and it won't open up an honest discussion. Just say something like "hey, I noticed that you didn't seem all too happy with the gifts I gave you since you never use/wear them, is something wrong? Didn't you like them? If you didn't then that's ok, I'd rather have you be honest about it". Something like that.

• wow... u really need to talk to her and ask her where her head is at. i find that incredibly rude of her.

• damn >:( that's really rude from her to act like this. having a gif from someone is a proof that this person is affectionate/like you/loves you... she's lucky to be given gifts.. but oh well... maybe stop offering her stuffs and see how she reacts because she obviously isn't aware of the importance of things

• That's kinda rude if she doesn't even say "thank you". but the question is: does she ever buy you things? maybe she's shy, maybe she can't afford buying you things and that's why she feels bad when you give her things. I don't know it's just a theory. this is kinda weird i think you should talk to her about it.

• No she doesn't buy me things, but she has the money to. Oh and I forgot! Lol she forgot our first month anniversary day. A friend had to remind her :/

• she's heartless or oblivious. Leave her u deserve better.

• You need to dump her immediately.

• Find another girl who will actually appreciate what you do for her. It's what you deserve.

What Guys Said 1

• She probably doesn't care for you, and is not willing to be with you. Her rudeness are probably sings that she wants YOU to dump her, instead of the other way round.