How do you ask a girl to get coffee?

I literally don't know how to. Assuming I meet her at a party and then at the end I wanna ask her, do I just say "hey I'm about to head out (or if she says she's about to head out) but i thought I'd ask would you wanna go and get coffee together sometime?"

Like is that line okay?

And what if she says "sorry I don't drink coffee?" Not even like I'm not interested but that specific answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask her if she wants to get coffee or a drink sometime.

That's it. If she says no, she says no.

• So how do I reply if she says "sorry I don't drink coffee"?

• That would be a no, because she could say "sure we can grab a drink" if she doesn't like coffee

• I really don't think some girls thinks of that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, when you're leaving or something, say "hey, would you want to get coffee sometime?"
    Then she'll probably say something along the lines of, "okay. When?" or "okay, text/call me."
    Then you'll say, "alright, sounds good. See you then." or something like that.

Or she'll just say "no" which is pretty self-explanatory.

• Yeah I haven't figured the lame-but-easily-possible answer thing. It's like, I ask my crush to a movie, she says she's seen it (and isn't lying)... then what would I even say? "Well, wanna see a different one?" sounds weird doesn't it?
      I don't know that part

What Girls Said 2

• Are you just asking some random girl or someone you know? If you actually know her then it's probably best to start at getting a way to communicate with her outside a party rather than just asking her to go on a coffee date out of the blue.

• No I don't know her. Say I just meet someone at a party but we strike up a conversation for 15 mins or so and then at the end I ask her.

• You think getting coffee together is a date?

• She may take it as one

• Yeah that line sounds fine. If she doesn't drink coffee then suggest something else. Tea shop, bakery, (also remember that cafes also serve other drinks), etc.
    I've asked guys out for coffee before and that line sounds fine to me

• So if she says no I don't drink coffee, what exactly should I say next then?

• LOL like I said before, you can suggest going to a bakery or something else
      But sometimes "no I don't drink coffee" means "no I don't drink coffee with you" so if you get the feeling that she doesn't want to hang out then drop it

• Haha alright. Shit is complicated. Guess I just gotta guess when to abort mission lol.

What Guys Said 5

• If she saids "sorry I don't drink coffee" .. walk away bro! That is a NO

• Just ask her out for coffee.

It doesn't matter if she doesn't drink coffee, they serve tea, soft drinks, milkshakes etc.

• Please share with us what you decide to do and how that works for you.
    Sort of curlous.

• "Yo toots, go fetch me a kawfee, black, no sugar!"

• That's fine.