What does this text mean?

Okay, long story short, this guy and I kind of dated back in Nov, but my heart wasn't ready to start dating because I had gone through a hard break up, so I broke things off with this new guy. He calls me in early March and we start reconnecting...I invited him to an event this past weekend and we had a lot of fun and he even said he was really looking forward to going with me.

He texted me today and said to "have a great week and had fun with you this weekend :)" Does that text sound like he's interested or not interested? Is he really guarded with me because I had called things off the first time with him? Is there a chance we could still have another shot at dating? I don't want to be the "pursuer" or "wear the pants" but should I encourage him anymore to let him know he has the green light to pursue? Or just play it cool and not do anything?

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds to me like he's interested! He had a good time with you at the weekend and cares about you, so wants to make sure that your enjoying yourself when you're not with him, as well as when you are.

Naturally, he probably is a bit nervous about spending time with you, because of you calling it off last time. But that doesn't mean he doesn't want to try things again. I think he's probably giving little hints that he likes you again. Another big thing, is that HE contacted YOU. He was obviously thinking about you/missing you.

I think there's a big chance of having another shot at dating, because nobody really sees things clearly when they've just had a bad breakup. Because of all the emotional ups and downs, etc.

I think you should hint signs to him that you like him, but also let him do a bit work, before you know that definitely likes you... and MOST IMPORTANTLY; that you like him!

Give it another go, if that's what you both want. Because, like I say, with not only relationships; "you never know until you give it a go". You don't wanna end up regretting not giving things a proper go; a proper chance.

Hope this helps : )

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• yeah, it sounds to me like he's interested. I think the whole "have a great week" thing kinda pushes it over into the interested area.

• yeah, it sounds to me like he's interested. I think the whole "have a great week" think kinda pushes it over into the interested area.

• u should encourage him a lil

What Girls Said 1

• You would have to encourage him...That text , to me, sounds like he's not trying to be to pushy but letting you know he still has an interest...If you don't encourage he is likely to get the wrong impression and back away...Best of luck...again :-) Cheers!