How many matches do you get every day?

I just got Tinder like an hour ago (I know, I'm late on that train). I thought that online dating wasn't really my thing, but I recently moved to a different city, and wanted to meet some new people.
Anyways, I've just been swiping for the past hour, and I've only gotten 7 matches. I think I've liked maybe 30-40 guys? I was pretty selective though, and I only swiped right around 1/20 of the time.
I heard people bragging about getting like 20 matches a day, so I'm wondering if I can expect more to roll in while I'm offline?

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to get a few matches a day the past two times at Tinder, with like 40-50 total when I was a uni.
    Now I've maybe only gotten a dozen total after like a month at home.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Guys Said 15

• So you swiped 30-40 guys and complain about 7 matches which is one out of 5?

What exactly is your issue?

• Girls get probably 100 times more matches than guys, on average.
    I don't use Tinder though. I would be afraid of a friend seeing me and being like, "haha loser".

• As in actual, genuine matches, not including bots? Less than 1 a day. I do live in a small town, and I don't use Tinder all the time.

• On tinder? 0
    On Lovoo... I get 1-3 likes per day and every now and then a match. But I don't swipe a lot myself, so that doesn't help

• like 3-6 but they never answer if i text them. and if they do, they are bots trying to get me signed up to some stupid site.

• 2-3 everytime i sign on.

i swipe right on everybody though. actually i don't bother swiping.. i hit the green icon.

i'd say 1 outta 3 respond if i message them.

• Haha "only 7". I had 7 matches across 3 months lol

• Tinder is old x)

• I used it for like a week, swiped right on almost everybody. I didn't get a single match so I got rid of the app.

• I don't smoke, therefore I don't get any matches

• Zero.

• i dont use tinder anymore but i got quite a lot, had around 200 matches in the end lol

• A guy has to look like Brad Pitt to get your turnover rate of matches... Trust me no matter how picky you think guys are being girls are 100000000x more picky.

• I don't use it but if you think 7 is a low number then you'd hate to be a guy. A guy would get maybe 7 out of 100 or more.

• ohhh about a million ;)

What Girls Said 2

• I deleted that app. I don't know a lot of people who still use it, and it was getting confusing bc I would have dudes I matched with in Texas messaging me while I'm back in Michigan and it's like? Bruh

• yeah especially since you just got it nobody has seen your profile yet. you'll have more when you wake up in the morning.