Mental Illness and Dating?

Would you date a girl that has struggled with anorexia and self-harm in the past? And that still struggles with anxiety and depression?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ehhhhh... I'd have to really take a pondering

Most Helpful Girl

• With all due respect, hell no. Too many issues. Usually when someone has that many issues, there's no way their problems won't overflow into the relationship and sometimes begin to dominate the relationship. The whole relationship revolves around their issues; what mood they are, keeping them stable, keeping them functional. It's truly tiring and it's frustrating when you just want to know for sure that you are going to have a great night or enjoy an awesome vacation you've planned without it being tainted by one of those issues.

What Guys Said 6

• I would if she was committed to managing the depression, I would help her through it

• No. After dating enough crazy girls, I learned to filter them out quickly. They are unpredictable, high maintenance, and potentially dangerous.

• nope

• Probably not.

• No..

• Anorexia yes. Self harm, et al... maybe short term.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes i would. Theyre probably hard things to endure. Having someone to joke around and laugh so she's not alone [where she would otherwise revert back] would likely help if not cancel out her need to do those things.

• I'd date a guy like this, definitely.

• I def. would, it doesn't make them any less of a person.

• Nobody is perfect. This idea that we have to be perfect to date is ridiculous. The right person will not mind, because he will find things in you that he can't find elsewhere.

• I would date a guy like this if I really liked him, yes.