Does she like me or not really?

There is this girl in college in one of my classes, that i have a crush on and like quite a bit, but I am not sure if she actually likes me back. She smiles when we talk, and she is quite friendly. She even hugged me once, when she saw me. She always is very kind to me, and she always go an extra mile to help others, and has helped me several times in school work. When I asked her if she needed help in another subject she struggled with ( I also wanted to spend time with her), she said no thank you, I will figure it out by myself. I am not sure if she likes me, or she is being friendly.. I also invited her to eat lunch with me, and she agreed to it. I am confused is she just friendly?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure but it sounds like she does. When I read the "quite friendly" part, it didn't make a distinction between her friendliness and her attraction towards you, so it's quite harder to tell. Those signs are positive, through.

What Girls Said 7

• I think she's being friendly because YOU are being friendly. By the sounds of it you haven't really made any initiative to show you that you actually *like* her in that way, other than ask her for lunch (which is a great start!) maybe tell her you'd like to get to know her better, perhaps ask her out for coffee OUTSIDE of school sometime and see how that goes. (Keep school stuff out of it and maybe she'll catch on)
    Hope it goes well for you :)

• It sounds like she is a really nice person, so that always makes it harder to tell. You can try flirting with her a bit and seeing how she reacts

• I think she likes you, like most people we like to show the best parts of ourselves when we like someone (maybe that's why she didn't want you to help her) and if she agreed to lunch that's a huge deal! Test the waters but not to much, try getting closer to her and get to know her. Don't go to crazy talking about yourself but also don't let her do all the talking. Show you're interested and listening to her. In general be as kind to her as she is to others :) good luck!

• That's really tricky in this time and age. Girls flirt with friends all the time (me included) if you like her, just ask.

• No, pal. I think she's just friendly and polite.

• It seems like she is just friendly. From what you gave, it seems like she's just a nice person.

What tells me that she doesn't like you (at least not right now) are these parts:
    -She always goes the extra mile to help others (i. e. she's not just nice to you)
    -She refused help and said she'll figure it out on her own (if she really liked you, she'd welcome the opportunity to spend time with you)

As of now, it doesn't seem like she's interested; it just seems she's a nice person by nature.

• I think you should do subtle signs that you like her :) like smiling back, behaving with her like with no one else! + if she is kind with others exactly the way it is with you, and there is no exception! then I think it might be a problem :/ but do not give up! Look for subtle signs! They mean a lot

What Guys Said 2

• Ehh if she agreed to lunch it's not a bad sign, could go either way. Does she hug other guys that you've seen?

• seems like friendlyness.