As someone who works hard to stay in really good shape, am I asking too much to want a girl that is at least in shape?

I'm on the shorter end of the spectrum for guys and most people tell me I should just date a girl that isn't physically fit because that is my best bet at success?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never heard anything so ridiculous in my entire life. What school did your friends go to. You have standards, you shouldn't have to lower them to improve your success rate with women. I also have standards, personality wise but no one has met them yet. And guess what, I never intend on lowering mine. Why settle for second best? Lol. How exactly do you think the girl that isn't physically fit is going to feel when she finds out that your were just not that into her anyway. Then all she hears is, oh why the fuck is he with her? He's really buff and she isn't. Nah, I wouldn't advise that at all. Its not unrealistic to want a girl who keeps herself in good shape. I mean if she doesn't enjoy hitting the gym or isn't a fitness fanatic, she's hardly going to want to work out with you. Your better finding someone who has this in common with you. That way you can spnd more time together.

• Good points. Never thought of it that way from the perspective that a girl may feel insecure by being with someone who may be physically more fit than her. by the way, my friends aren't actually the ones telling me to settle. They're always trying to encourage me to chase after girls way out of my league lol.

• Thanks, no problem. :)

• Thanks for mho

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see why. If you workout and remain fit obviously you'd want partner with the same outlook. I don't see why that would be unreasonable. How tall are you anyway? As long as you're taller than girls, height shouldn't be an issue.

• I'm really short lol.

• Haha I'm 5'3 ish

• thanks for MHO.

What Girls Said 11

• So if she's not fit right now (not fat just not as fit as you), but has a pretty face and awesome personality, you would still reject her? I think that's a bit shallow. Anyone can get fit, we just need a motivation.

I'll take me for example. I am good looking but I'm not really investing in fitness at the moment. I am very busy with my work and with other important stuff, so I just want to relax when I'm free. I am single and happy that way, so I don't feel the need to get fit as fuck for someone. But recently I met a really cute guy who IS fit as fuck (and he's also short lol) and, believing that he's into me and that we're gonna date, I got a huge motivation to start working out. So I did for awhile, until I realized he was leading me on and he doesn't want me. My motivation disappeared and I stopped working out. But damn, if we did date, I bet my ass I would be get in a perfect shape. Wouldn't be the first time.

Maybe he rejected me because he has same standards as you...

• Huge problem these days that people still only look at what's on the outside and not at the person within... its a shame really for no one and I do mean no one stays the same as time passes I want the person who is positive , loving, kind , intelligent, thoughtful, creative , faithful and most of all herself. No plastic shallow people for me... been there done that ! ... hugz I hope you can gleen some useful tidbit from this? smiles 🍀🐶🍀

• You should expect it! Because their lifestyle matches their physique. I can't be around heavy waters or lazy oeople

• If her being in shape if something that's really important to you then you can't help that dude, especially when it has to do with common interests of staying in shape. I think it's totally okay to have preferences as long as you're willing to hold out for them and can respect people as people even if they don't meet your standards (i. e. you'd be friends with a girl that wasn't in shape because you thought she was cool, but didn't want to date her)

Same for girls who like taller guys. Just is what it is.

• It's not asking too much, though loosening it to someone who is at least going to the gym would be okay, too.

How old are you?

• 26, same age as you, lol.

• Oh, well, I go to the gym but I'm not in shape yet, but I'm working on it. Maybe date a girl liek that? Does she already have to be in shape or is it enough for her to be on a health journey?

• I guess having the lifestyle and the determination to stick to it is enough. I'd also prefer that she is doing it for her, not for me so any girl that only starts doing it because we're dating is less appealing because she might fall off the track again once our relationship is inevitably less passionate.

• I don't think it's unrealistic to want a girl who is in shape.

• no it's not, you sound like my sister. she's not in shape herself, she's short and fat but she lifts so she thinks because she lifts she deserves a guy who also lifts, but she doesn't want a short fat guy like herself. I think if you want a certain type of person, you have to look a certain way yourself on the body in order to get with that person.

• Don't date a girl your not attracted to. Focus on her personality and if it's a good one than te more you get to know her the more beautiful she will become.

• Date who you want... but I wouldn't expect a girl to change to how you want them to be.

• Nope, I don't want anyone to change for me. When I fall for a girl, it's because of who she is, not what I think she should be.

• Looks always dawn with time. You should focus in her personality and not her looks. Obviously looks are important but first is the personality.

• I think personality is a must, but having an active lifestyle is just as important to me.

• if your short date a short girl simple

• Wish it was that simple. Unfortunately most short girls want really tall guys too...

• Moving there right now lol

• Yea, France is the best country :)

• You want what you want. Nothing wrong with that. I would never date someone who didn't take care of their bodies either

What Guys Said 9

• Lol wut?
    www.totalprosports.com/.../...-it-nfl-fan-gifs.gif
    How would that be asking too much? If you are fit, you don't have to date a landwhale because you're supposedly "short" (like that's supposed to be a bad thing or something).

Oh, and tell your friends to fuck off.

• Oh, lol, being short is a bad thing. Actually my friends all think I should go after hot chicks, it's everyone else that says I should settle.

• That is on the shorter side. Have you ever heard of leg lengthening surgery? What do you do for a living?

• Hell no, lol. To get myself tall enough to be useful, it'd take years and I'd likely be disproportional and lose all my athleticism. Not a good look...

• If you don't like the others, don't date them. It's as simple as that.

Unless you feel that what matters is that you commit in life, and it doesn't really matter with whom, as long as you feel complete with that goal (which is a strange thought to begin with)

• If you're hot, date someone else that's hot
    There's a social hierarchy, the most qualified get promoted, the most attractive get dated

• No you shouldn't. If you settle long term you'll be unhappy.

• That's fair, you're not asking too much

• Im not being cheesy here but a girl isn't a car or a fashionable trinket. she's a human being like you. You might fall head over heels with a plain girl. there's much more to people than looks. I think it is unreasonable. Already your attitude is limiting your own happiness to a narrow band of people. Get dating out of your head. Just talk to girls with no ambition behind it. You'll meet a great one when you least expect it.

• "As someone who works hard to stay in really good shape, am I asking too much to want a girl that is at least in shape?"

Nope.

• Not at all bro. You deserve better that a fat lazy chick.

• Their are a lot of women in shape for goodness sake just go after them.