Which gender is more picky about race?

Sure this might be inflammatory, but.. No trolling thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• women are always more picky

Most Helpful Guy

• Data suggests women think more about race with regards to dating.

With regards to heterosexuals obviously the exact same number of men and women are in interracial relationships.

I suspect when people are saying things like 'I see more girls, what they actually mean is 'I see more white girl's in interracial relationships than white guys'.

In some income demographics that is true. In others it's the reverse. About equal numbers of white women and white men are cohabitating interracially in the US. White women tend to be in interracial relationships with black men and those tend to be lower income couplings. White men tend to be with Asian women and those are actually the highest income pairings in the US.

So if you're upper middle class the main interracial pair you see is white male Asian female. If you're in a poorer neighbourhood it's white female black male.

When they do surveys asking about willingness to date interracially though, men are more willing.

What Girls Said 13

• Men. Definitely men. They seem to be picky about damn near everything.

Though, I think different ethnic groups are picky about what ethnic group they date. I personally know a lot of people, no matter what ethnicity, would not date a middle eastern person. At least, none that I know of. But I know white women are more likely to date black men than white men dating black women. And while a lot of men find Asian women hot, not a lot of women are attracted to Asian men.

Basically, it's all about preference.

• Lol there are way more white men dating black women than white women dating East Asian men. The only time white women consider dating an East Asian man is when he's either tall, rich, buff, or has some sort of power usually.

• I think it's guys that are more picky but that's both through my own personal experience and observations of others as well.

• I think women in general tend to be more open to have interracial relationships.

• Lol it's men. And women of all races and skin color are open, they are usually open to only dating a white man, really light skinned man of another race, and in some cases black man. If a man is neither one of the three then he has to compensate his racial disadvantage in the dating game by being either tall, rich, buff, or have some sort of power to have a decent chance.

• Not really a generalization because exceptions are extremely limited when it comes to girls. Yes, many guys do it but not even close to the extent that girls do. Because even though most guys might have a preference for lighter skinned girls, among them majority of the guys are still open to dating darker skinned girls. Can't say the same about girls when it comes to guys. Girls of all races and skin color are only open to dating a darker skinned South Asian, darker skinned Latino, darker skinned Middle Eastern, and East Asian guy if he's either tall, rich, buff or really light skinned. The chances of exceptions are only as good as winning the lottery. While certain criteria is not required for white guys, really light skinned guys of other races including South Asian guys, and black guys in some cases. So yeah, guys aren't even close to being so particular when it comes to a girl's race and skin color than girls are when it comes to a guy's race and skin color.

• @MyUsernameRules there are plenty of black men who aren't even open to dating women of their own race.

• I think men. Cause i've met more women who have interracial relationships.

• I think men are. There's always guys wanting a certain body type that for example most Latinas or black women have, while white women tend to be more petite.

• Define picky?

Will only date their own race, or will only date certain races?

• Women.

• From what I've seen/heard... men seem more picky. I've heard statistics may be more even

• More women have biracial children or admire biracial beauty. So i thin women are less picky.

• You realise that for a girl having a biracial guy it requires a guy who was willing to date her and have a child as well despite her being a different ethnicity to her, right?

• I am not sure if thats accurate, but I dont know the exact numbers. The statistics I have seen were only about marriage or about reply-rates at online dating. On Marriage it was around even with only Asian males being a lot less likely to marry interracial (which could also be because men do prefer Asian women a lot more than women prefer Asian men).

www.pewresearch.org/.../

On the second graph here you can see how men definitely prefer Asian women a lot more and it also explains why black men marry interracially a lot more than black women like shown in the previous link: www.prb.org/.../usintermarriage.aspx

And online-dating preferences on OKCupid where men are a lot more receptive to all ethnicities than women are: blog.okcupid.com/.../

And here as well: www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...ce-matters-romance.html

• @FakeName123 see but by 2050 the face of America will be a mixed race face generally mulatto. And you dont need to be married or in a relationship to have kids.

• not sure if its gender related really. Its personal preference. can't bash people for what they like/dont like. But sure to be a interesting post

• I believe that the obvious answer is that girls are more picky

• I think girls are. I see white dudes with more non white women than I see the opposite

• Thinking about it, I'd say it's equal. A majority of the world is straight so I'm speaking from that perspective. But for every female to be in an interracial relationship there has to be a guy as well and vice versa. So i'd say it's pretty equal

What Guys Said 11

• Both are very picky

• It's obviously girls. Girls of all races and skin color are usually only open to dating a white guy, really light skinned guy of another race, and black guys while guys of all races and skin color are usually open to dating a girl of all races and skin color. Why is this even a question?

• And if a guy isn't either white, really light skinned of another race, or black then he has to compensate by being either really tall, rich, buff, or have some sort of power in order to have a chance.

• i would say men. it seems like a lot of women are deep into this multiculti stuff and mixed babies and shit.

• Women are more picky. I think that's kinda obvious. How many times have I seen/heard a girl say "omg, Asian men❤️" I feel like guys do that a lot less.

• Statistically its women.

• I think men are more picky because they value lighter skin in women.

• In my experience its usually men. Guys are more tribal. Most girls don't care about race.

• Guys. For.. reasons.

• Girls!!

• Women are always picky

• Neither, it's based on each individual person, not gender