WHAT DOES HE MEAN?

I'm texting this dude and this is how the convo went...

me : hey
him : hey
me : what's up?
him : I'm chillin

WHAT... WHAT IS THAT. Once we were having a heated discussion & I asked how he felt about the topic & he just said "I'm chillin" I felt every drop of blood begin to boil in my body. I wanted to rip him apart. What is I'm chillin fellas? What does it mean because the phrase is turning me into a crazy person

Most Helpful Guy

• He's jerking off to animal porn while getting drunk on marijuana.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know but that's a very strong reaction to a very simple phrase

What Guys Said 3

• resting, being laid back, not caring/carefree or doing nothing of importance. It has a lot of meanings and variations, but it's all pretty much the same thing.

• it means he is relaxing just enjoying the moment nothing is bothering him.

• Im chilling is a slang term.

Translation into standard English would be im doing nothing just sitting down.

you're 17, youve got your hormones running high, calm down its an overreaction.

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds with him saying "I'm chillin," @TahinyClarke, he has Forgotten... A Heated discussion.
    He appears to not be this Grudge bearer in Life and just doesn't want to continue with any Strife.
    Let it go, and if another 'Heated Discussion' abrupts again, you Know Now... He is not into any big Debate after the Take.
    Good luck. xx

• Ah fellow woman, its not uncommon to see one of us fall pray to over-analyzing. Its just a " cooler" way of saying " I'm doing nothing"/ " I'm pretty apathetic about this topic".

More importantly it means he doesn't even try to pretend to be interesting :)