Should I text him first or wait for him to text me?

I've heard multiple things, some say to just go ahead and text my crush while others say to wait for him to text. He doesn't text a lot according to his friends and I really want to talk to him, but I also don't want to seem desperate or scare him off. What should I do?

What Guys Said 1

• You talked in person first right?

• Yeah, We've hung out in a huge group before at an amusement park.

• Honestly if you want to talk to him text him first because Honestly guys like it when you text first because usually guys are the one to text first so you should just straight up and text him

What Girls Said 2

• Starting a conversation is NOT desperate. However, sending a million texts until he responds IS desperate. Don't wait around for him to talk to you, YOU like him so YOU take charge. This is one boy you'll talk to out of hundreds in your life time, so take control of the opportunity. Things could turn out great, and if they don't, then on to the next boy!

• JUst send him a funny picture of something and say like, look at this funny picture!