Why do girls dismiss short guys so impulsively?

Everywhere I look, whether it be the Internet, social gatherings or just about any type of social conventions, when girls talk about what they do and don't like about guys, an overwhelming majority say that they would never date a short guy, often having these height rules, like "only 6ft+" and things like that. Even the really short girls do, like less than 5 feet. What does height have anything to do with dating anymore? Height doesn't give men any real advantages anymore, we don't hunt, we have intellectual requirements now, not physical. Do girls just want there children to be able to reach counter without tip-toeing, or watch a parade without having to stand up because the person in front of them is tall? What is such a turn on about height? That you have to stand on a step ladder to kiss them? I don't understand the raving.

• You only date tall guys
  • It would kill you to date someone under 6 feet

Most Helpful Girl

• It only matters when you think it matters. What people say they like and what they fall for eventually are two different things. If u ask many girls for their ideal guy they will say Canning Tatum but in reality they fall in love with guys of many shapes and sizes. The Channing Tatum thing is just a fantasy, it's bullshit. I know a hot short guy. I forget about everyone when I see him. I have dated tall guys and they are pale in comparison. If u have a complex about your height ur gonna act weird around girls and girls can smell insecurity miles away.

• This short guy I like is really cute... and he is a bit shorter than me. So.. guys should really stop bitching about their height. It doesn't matter if she finds u attractive. I find this dude very attractive and no tall guy has advantage over him. And let me tell u I'm a good looking girl, but this guy also doubts that I truly like him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most girls I've met will date a short guy if he is cool. a lot of girls can live with it if she knows the guy is ok with his height and doesn't have a small man complex.

What Girls Said 13

• "most" girls are attracted to tall guys for the same reasons "most" guys are attracted to short girls. it started as part of biology. though it's not necessary for survival anymore it's still kind of ingrained in us. do i think a guy being tall is a turn on? sure. do i typically end up actually dating tall guys? nope. does that bother me? not at all. :p

• Allow me to point this specific comment out to the person that created this topic. Listen to this woman, right here. She NAILED it.

It's biologically ingrained, and some women just have this preference. If you're close in height, a girl may be willing to overlook this if you have something else to offer her. Be it looks, a personality, financial security, or whatever you can demonstrate to her that on an instinctive level, you'd be able to be a good protector and provider for her and any children you might have together, and/or be otherwise enjoyable to be around for her.

• @TheSpartan congratulations! maybe you aren't part of the "most..." which is in quotation marks for a reason!

you also can't really say you're not attracted to shortness in girls and support it with not knowing a girl's height when you like her - that's a completely separate situation.

• My point was that I'm pretty oblivious to female height, unless she's very tall or very short. I care more about the size and shape of her ass and breasts than her height.

• There are plenty of girls who don't, but if you have some kind of complex about your height and act like it defines you and your success with women, that won't help you. Work on stuff you actually have control over. Height, and some girls' preferences in what they find attractive, aren't part of that.

• Because they're always incessantly whining, which gets difficult to listen to around the clock.

• Thank you for saying this

• err.. no, I know I didn't miss your point. You may have not mentioned it in the write-up but you're the same person who made a separate post just this morning asking why attractiveness is more valued by women than intellect.

• @drkcmana *guy gets sad and bitter and throws a bitch fit, thinking out loud as to why women must have standards of their own. Why they can't just pity them enough to satisfy their needs and instead choose all the 'asshole tall guys'

• Lol well my friend, you're looking at the wrong women if you think they "dismiss" short guys so quickly. Depends on the woman, and yes there is an overwhelming amount, but the ones who matter won't mind, and the ones who mind, won't matter.

• It's definetly a preference most women have including myself, however, I did almost have this playful crush on a guy who was only 5'3 and not even that good looking to be honest lol. He was just a very charming, funny and outgoing person and his voice was kinda sexy too haha. I think it just comes down to how you carry yourself to be honest. Start to embrace your height and enhance all your other qualities that make you an interesting person to get to know. :)

• Hmm I don't know cuz I know guys as short as 5'5 that have dated plenty of girls so my experiences differ. Yeah, I get what ur saying, I'm short af I never saw the appeal of 6'2 giants. Too inconvenient to date them

• I like guys of all heights. The shortest guy I ever had a crush on was 4`10 while the tallest was 6`4 (I'm 5`4). My current boyfriend was 5`7 when we started dating but now he's 5`9. I'll admit I actually think short guys are kinda cute.

• I don't get it either. There are tons of hot guys who are on the shorter side.

• I don't it matters too much.

• Well I'm 5'5 and I tower over some men in my area and all women so I always feel awkward and hugely tall for me to be able to be comfy I don't date guys under 5'8 I just don't. Too self conscious about myself to date a shorter than me man. Especially when I'm not tall but tower over most men in my area! Yes it's been hard for me.

• Height is not an issue to me. Tbh, I've mostly dated guys who are much taller than me and one who was the same height as me but I would date a guy who is shorter than me if he's really cute & have a great personality.

• I had a short boyfriend once... He was too embarrassed to let me wear heels around him. It was awkward. Majority of my boyfriends have been taller than 6'. But my husband is 5'10" and it's nice, he loves when I wear heels. Even though my dad makes fun of him for being short, he's fine. I make it up to him in bed. My dad is 6'3".

• i find tall guys really attractive but it isn't such a big deal... it isn't the thing i look at first when i see a guy many other things are attractive as well , i don't know what is it about tall guys that is attractive honestly, but at some point a really short guy had a crush on me and i didn't dismiss him he had a great personality which mattered way more to me

• Thanks for giving me my first and only, so far, quality answer.

• anytime :D

What Guys Said 5

• Biology.

Statistically most guys are under 6ft so most girls won't be able to settle down with a tall guy. They'll hookup with a bunch of them tho.

• Okey bro I'm probably wayyyy shorter than you. But why care so much? There is so many things to do not to feel lonely! Think about it , are women you chase who don't like you really worth it? It's their choice let them live. The sun still shines, water still tastes good…women are all well and good but life is enough no?

• Try being 5'2 ... But we get the cards we get. Do not feel sorrowful. Live the best you can.

• Natural selection

• If you aren't over 6'0 then your not getting ONS and hot sex (well low low chance). However, when the woman is in her late 20's and 30's you may get a shot at being a nice provider for her.

That's life son.

• Believe it or not, their genetically inclined to be attracted to tall men, but a short guy who looks good and has a great personality still has somewhat of a chance.