Going to a university, what should I expect from men in terms of dating?

I went to a community college and I am open to dating. I'm 24 and I went to transfer orientation and the guys I met were like 19-21. I'm not looking to hook up. I would like a relationship but that does not mean I'm willing to date just anyone. I'm not desperate. I get told that I'm attractive

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol there's not much dating. It's not even friends with benefits, its more like strangers with benefits lmao

• Yep been there done that. I never slept with anyone at my community college but I know people from my community college that went to my high school and only 1 person I know goes to the university and went to the same middle school as me and she graduates next year, we are both going into the same profession

• @bbch25 asker
      Lol yeah different things for different people

• @bbch25 you can manage a relationship if you really know how to balance your time

I'm open to a relationship and I put myself out there but that does not guarantee a relationship

What Guys Said 8

• I'm going to university in the fall. Turning 23 in July.. I made a question on it a while ago.. Not sure if it would help you any but here..

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2001236-any-advice-on-moving-to-a-university-where-you-know-nobody

I know I'm above average in looks as well.. not desperate by any means. That being said... personally I'm making it a goal to stop hooking up so mindlessly and maybe try to find a girl with some substance. It's a surprise that I'm still disease free 😂 That's just me though. Most uni brahs are trying to fuck as much as they can.

• That's true

• What uni are going to? Don't have to answer that but if you are going to a school that has heavy greek life then you will probabaly meet more fckboys. I'm going to chico state lol.. huge party school. I choose it because it was one of the few cal states that has mechatronic engineering. A school like cal state fullerton or something would be more of an older crowd.. people that are more mature that are more than likely seeking a serious relationship. I say just focus on your study and you will eventually meet a guy that is like minded and more mature.

• Ut dallas

• Don't get drunk alone at a party with strangers cause there are some weird fucked up guys at every college looking to fuck a drunk/high girl whether she looks good or not.

• True
      Some Men can be nasty
      But my university is not a party school fortunately

• That's good, just get to know some guys, make lots of new friends, enjoy life and maybe you'll meet a guy that you really like and fit good with! 😉

• 0|1
    • Yep I met some at orientation

• I would keep my expectations low, especially given what you're looking for and the fact that you're dealing with 19-21-year old dudes.

• Most guys I have dated did not go to my college

• You're expecting too much.

No guy wants to be locked down in a relationship at uni.

• I'm not expecting anything actually

• Lol nothing at all exept sex if u are hot

• Yep that's true. I had random guys trying to hit me up on campus like ewww wtf

• I avoid chicks trying to get in relationships lol

• Well I don’t date guys on campus but I do get approached by a lot of douchebags

• comes when you least expect it

• What should you expect? Think of a rock, now toss that rock down a manhole, listen to it bounce about in the sewage. When it finally comes to a stop near all of the worlds waste material, keep that picture in mind. You got it? Good now focus... still got the picture of the rock?

Now lower your expectations so they are lower than that sewage covered rock and you might come close to the expectations you should have with dating and university.

• I'm not expecting to date anyone at my university. I usually date guys who don't go to unis

• It might not be much different even with those guys off campus. Times are different now as you will discover. Everything has changed for guys in that arena.

• I know

What Girls Said 1

• It's like anywhere else. The experience will be what you make it. College doesn't automatically mean dudes are going to be all over you

• I never said that they would be all over me